Coldest you have ever skied?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Coldest you have ever skied?

Friday and Saturday broke the record for me with -45 windchill recorded at the top of Stowe. I've never stayed out in such cold temps..it took its toll though. Saturday was a little better at -30 but still..this is insane. The wind on Friday was insane, blew it all into the trees but lower angle pow remained. A good 4 days but I got sick Sunday so Monday was a little rough. Another storm due so conditions will remain epic..and i even managed to get out to the kitchen wall..Getting there damn near killed me..hell of a traverse.

Frozen granular?

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

-26 F real temp at Cannon. Not sure what the wind chill was that day but remember it being windy.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

My first day skiing was in Feb either 02 or 03. I was at shawnee peak. When we got there around noon it was -9F. We stayed thru the day (lots of bar breaks) By the time they had turned on the lights for night skiing I had graduated of the bunny slope. When we left that night it was -25 real temp. Not just the coldest I have skied but also the coldest I have ever been outdoors in. Only been out in around -15 since that day.

I remember mine, it was -60 with wind chill at the top of Killington Peak.

We took one run and went over to Ramshead I believe, thinking lower would be better. It really wasn't. The rest of day was spent in the lodge, and I wasnt even 21 years old, so that stunk too.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mfi View Post
    i even managed to get out to the kitchen wall.
    The graveyard of skis.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I remember mine, it was -60 with wind chill at the top of Killington Peak.

We took one run and went over to Ramshead I believe, thinking lower would be better. It really wasn't. The rest of day was spent in the lodge, and I wasnt even 21 years old, so that stunk too.
    Ramshead is the coldest lift at Killington!

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    -35 at Stowe with no wind. That was in 1993. A couple of years ago, -28 at the top of Huntah. No wind then either.

Last year Mont St Anne, minus 26 real temp. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although had to get the wife a pair of Hotronics socks. Did a 9:00 to 4:00 with a lot of breaks.

Last year, real temp in SB parking lot -14, with wind.

Years ago, at K-ton, couple of days were -30 wind chill. Last day of the trip was -60 wind chill and they closed the mountain except snowshed begginers slope.

Thread Information