• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breck extends season

crazy

Seriously?

I haven’t gone to Colorado in May for a while. But even in late April, Breck was pretty deserted. So is A-basin except on weekends and powder days. Hard to imagine how “packed” A-basin is in May. And even if it is, whether it gets any relief by Breck being open.

"Except on weekends and powder days"?

Pretty much every ski resort, even crowded ones like Vail or Snowbird, are only truly crowded on:

1. Weekends
2. Holidays
3. Powder days

If Abasin is crowded on weekends/powder days in May, it's fair to say that it gets packed in May. Obviously non-holiday, non-powder, non-weekends aren't going to be crowded :daffy: that's just the way skiing works!

chuckstah

I've skied multiple days at A Basin in May over the years. Yes, it gets packed, especially on weekends, pow days and Memorial Day, no surprise. I've had to bus up from Keystone a couple times with late arrivals. Great spring scene. Even had a mid June fresh snow day, though I can't call it powder.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk