• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot Dryer?

benski

Dry Guy is great, works pretty quickly and its not very big or heavy. Its really not an issue to carry around. I use mine all the time, every time I ski or a shoe gets wet.

My only warning about the dry guy is you have to use all 4 vents at once. So if you use it just put an item on all 4 vent or else most of the air comes out the unobstructed vents. Also make sure its balanced. putting one boot on will tip it over.

Ol Dirty Noodle

4 prong Dry Guy here, just bought it for the trip to Smugg’s. I like it’s timer setup and option to turn the heat off, my boots before this trip only had 3 days on them and this has really helped to break them in. Paid $65 on Amazon
5915f1ff31525a04fd5c5fe79fe69da8.jpg

JDMRoma

On this topic.... Who regularly, pulls their liners while dryer their boots?

100% liner puller here

Same ! Always pull my liners, its easy takes only a minute and use the dry guy dryers on the liners.

I would think there would be moisture in between the liner and shell and a good time to check your Cant Screws !!

you lose a Cant screw you know what happens right ?

drjeff

For those who don't regularly, if ever, pull their liners, sometime after a day on the hill, pull them, and wait until you see how much perspiration, and in some cases snow ingress especially on powder days, happens. Then realize that even on a boot dryer, that moisture may take days to go away, and think about the possible mold forming potential......

There's a reason why most pro's in the industry (instructors, patrol, race coaches, many daily skiers, etc) pull their liners every day to both fully dry their boots and shells inside and out, and also as an aside, dramatically decrease the boot stink potential that often shows up once a pair of boots get a decent number of days on them!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

mikec142

flakeydog

BenedictGomez

no fan = no stink! You do need to give it overnight though to complete the dry.

I dont think a fan has anything to do with stink. I have the PEET dryer which has a pretty powerful fan, and our boots and gloves are usually dry within 45 minutes to an hour, but never with any smell.