This weekend speculation thread 1/25-27

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

This weekend speculation thread 1/25-27

OK - let's speculate some more!

Rain gonna kill everything?
    Mid vt. get spared?
    N vt get snow?

How will the cats be after a night of rain? Dunzo? Or worth a day trip?

It's almost hump day! let's talk bout the weekend!

I enjoy these threads!

Wet midweek...followed by cold temps. I suppose if it really firms up, some areas may resurface a few trails.

Classic New England: Snow, bitter cold and wind, 50 degree temp swing with rain, back to winter. All in less than 7 days.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I enjoy these threads!

Wet midweek...followed by cold temps. I suppose if it really firms up, some areas may resurface a few trails.

Classic New England: Snow, bitter cold and wind, 50 degree temp swing with rain, back to winter. All in less than 7 days.
    What a bummer - all that new snow ruined after what, three days? And one of those days was so cold even Jay Peak closed....terrible.

Looks like maybe, just maybe, Mad River Glen and north, the rain ends with snow. Points south look to be dunzo.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    What a bummer - all that new snow ruined after what, three days?
    Classic New England.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Best case for southern VT is the storm shifts south with minimal rain, just warm temps for a few days.

Unfortunately even the Canadian border will see some rain. Can't wait for another thaw freeze cycle

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Unfortunately even the Canadian border will see some rain. Can't wait for another thaw freeze cycle

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    I guess the only hope is that up north it ends with some snow and that snow bonds and becomes an edgable surface.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Classic New England.
    No, that was classic mid-Atlantic.

Sadly, it's now becoming "classic New England".

I've been skiing every winter in New England since 83. As far as that time period goes, this is classic New England. There's always been events like this pretty much every year. Two February's ago we had a period of 6+ feet middle of February. Two days after Presidents day the faucet and furnace went on wiping almost everything out. Then we had an epic mid March into almost mid April. So it goes...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I've been skiing every winter in New England since 83. As far as that time period goes, this is classic New England. There's always been events like this pretty much every year. Two February's ago we had a period of 6+ feet middle of February. Two days after Presidents day the faucet and furnace went on wiping almost everything out. Then we had an epic mid March into almost mid April. So it goes...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Yep. That was insane. FEET of snow in February followed by a week of temperatures in the 50s and 60s up in ski country. My personal reports show the weather was sun and temps in the 60s 2/19 and 2/20.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thread Information