• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parking Lot Rage MLK Weekend Results in One Arrest

Zand

Seems like the Cottonwood resorts have the smallest parking lots I've ever seen at ski areas...not that they have much room to make them bigger. Seems most in NE have enough room to fit a busy days crowd except the obvious ones like MRG.

skiur

Not defending him as attacking an attendent with a cop right there is just downright stupid and this guy deserved to be locked up, but at 11 am I am sure there were some open parking spots in the full lot. This happens at killington all the time, they put up the lot full signs and try to make you go to another lot but at that time people have left already and you can always find a few spots.

Smellytele

Not defending him as attacking an attendent with a cop right there is just downright stupid and this guy deserved to be locked up, but at 11 am I am sure there were some open parking spots in the full lot. This happens at killington all the time, they put up the lot full signs and try to make you go to another lot but at that time people have left already and you can always find a few spots.

He attacked the cop not the attendant. Also tried to grab his gun. It says he got there at 10:15 but I do agree that spots do free up.

abc

Brighton! On a Saturday!!!

I guess it fits the stereotype.

I've been warned NOT to ever go to Brighton on a Saturday, powder or not. I'm told it gets insanely busy and often unruly.

Adding the Ikon pass I suspect doesn't help in the busy part. But seems the unruly part is due to the demographic of Brighton regulars. The guy being arrested is a "season pass holder" and only 21.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Adding the Ikon pass I suspect doesn't help in the busy part. But seems the unruly part is due to the demographic of Brighton regulars. The guy being arrested is a "season pass holder" and only 21.

The last few weeks have BY FAR had the worst crowding and parking situation in BCC that I have ever seen. You NEVER saw crowds in BCC. During an evening visit two Saturdays ago cars were parked on the side of the road way down past Guardsman Pass for Brighton; on the side of the road down from Solitude's First Entrance down to the corner near Silver Fork. Yes, Ikon is REALLY bringing a lot of traffic.

abc

The last few weeks have BY FAR had the worst crowding and parking situation in BCC that I have ever seen. You NEVER saw crowds in BCC. During an evening visit two Saturdays ago cars were parked on the side of the road way down past Guardsman Pass for Brighton; on the side of the road down from Solitude's First Entrance down to the corner near Silver Fork. Yes, Ikon is REALLY bringing a lot of traffic.
@thetrailboss, is that mostly still just a Saturday only issue? Or is it getting intolerable all the time?

I'm at the planning stage of a trip to SLC. Brighton is one of the mountain I have in mind to hit because I like the relatively low key vibe and relatively easy access (in the past) compared to LCC. But if it had become just as busy as the LCC, I'd be just go to LCC.

thetrailboss

Staff member
@thetrailboss, is that mostly still just a Saturday only issue? Or is it getting intolerable all the time?

I'm at the planning stage of a trip to SLC. Brighton is one of the mountain I have in mind to hit because I like the relatively low key vibe and relatively easy access (in the past) compared to LCC. But if it had become just as busy as the LCC, I'd be just go to LCC.

From what I am seeing, special promo days, weekends, and holidays, especially after it snowed.

You will just have to call an audible based upon the specific date and conditions. Feel free to PM me.