Why haven't all-you-can-eat pizza buffets caught on in New England?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Other parts of the country have Cici's Pizza and other chains that offer this daily, but nada in New England. What gives?

On theory is new England as a region have far superior mom and pop pizza available to most than in other areas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

We’ve had a few all you can eat pizza buffet places down my way, but they seem passé at this time. Folks are in to little tapas or sushi. Funny thing, a couple years hitting all you can eat buffets can be hard on the waistline. Couple years hitting tapas or sushi places can be hard on the wallet!

Interesting question...

Certainly is a regional thing as I can't recall a buffet specifically dedicated to pizza. They may have pizza, but there were other options. I thought there were some Cici's in CT at one time...but looks like no longer.
    SoVT

I do know Pizza Hut has All You Can Eat but I think it's just lunch or specific days?!? Not sure have been to one in 5-6 years

Recipe for a bad pizza experience maybe? Pizza doesn't do well sitting under heat lamps. And everyone has their own opinion on toppings; too many possible combinations so you'd end up feeling like you're eating all you can eat dried out slices of the typical combinations. Just guessing. I became really ambivalent about pizza about 10 years ago when I started realizing it's usually a large serving of mediocre bread with a shortage of topping.

Edit. I do still love a good pizza on the rare occasion I find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream View Post
    Recipe for a bad pizza experience maybe? Pizza doesn't do well sitting under heat lamps. And everyone has their own opinion on toppings; too many possible combinations so you'd end up feeling like you're eating all you can eat dried out slices of the typical combinations. Just guessing. I became really ambivalent about pizza about 10 years ago when I started realizing it's usually a large serving of mediocre bread with a shortage of topping.

Edit. I do still love a good pizza on the rare occasion I find a good one.
    This

Once you've had great pizza, like Frank Pepe's, 90% of what's out there sucks. Put it under a heat lamp and it sucks even more.

Save the buffets for Chinese restaurants

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    This

Once you've had great pizza, like Frank Pepe's, 90% of what's out there sucks. Put it under a heat lamp and it sucks even more.

Save the buffets for Chinese restaurants

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Add Sal's and Modern also in New Haven!!

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Add Sal's and Modern also in New Haven!!

Same Sal’s that started in Salem, nh? A little doughy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

New Haven Pizza> Other Pizza

Although, we have found a place in our town (Still in New Haven County BTW) That is about as close to New Haven pizza as you can get. Small shop and they deliver.
    SoVT

Thread Information