• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why haven't all-you-can-eat pizza buffets caught on in New England?

podunk77

Other parts of the country have Cici's Pizza and other chains that offer this daily, but nada in New England. What gives?

prsboogie

On theory is new England as a region have far superior mom and pop pizza available to most than in other areas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jimk

We’ve had a few all you can eat pizza buffet places down my way, but they seem passé at this time. Folks are in to little tapas or sushi. Funny thing, a couple years hitting all you can eat buffets can be hard on the waistline. Couple years hitting tapas or sushi places can be hard on the wallet!

Glenn

Interesting question...

Certainly is a regional thing as I can't recall a buffet specifically dedicated to pizza. They may have pizza, but there were other options. I thought there were some Cici's in CT at one time...but looks like no longer.

prsboogie

I do know Pizza Hut has All You Can Eat but I think it's just lunch or specific days?!? Not sure have been to one in 5-6 years

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SkiingInABlueDream

Recipe for a bad pizza experience maybe? Pizza doesn't do well sitting under heat lamps. And everyone has their own opinion on toppings; too many possible combinations so you'd end up feeling like you're eating all you can eat dried out slices of the typical combinations. Just guessing. I became really ambivalent about pizza about 10 years ago when I started realizing it's usually a large serving of mediocre bread with a shortage of topping.

Edit. I do still love a good pizza on the rare occasion I find a good one.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Recipe for a bad pizza experience maybe? Pizza doesn't do well sitting under heat lamps. And everyone has their own opinion on toppings; too many possible combinations so you'd end up feeling like you're eating all you can eat dried out slices of the typical combinations. Just guessing. I became really ambivalent about pizza about 10 years ago when I started realizing it's usually a large serving of mediocre bread with a shortage of topping.

Edit. I do still love a good pizza on the rare occasion I find a good one.
This

Once you've had great pizza, like Frank Pepe's, 90% of what's out there sucks. Put it under a heat lamp and it sucks even more.

Save the buffets for Chinese restaurants

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

New Haven Pizza> Other Pizza

Although, we have found a place in our town (Still in New Haven County BTW) That is about as close to New Haven pizza as you can get. Small shop and they deliver.

benski

Other parts of the country have Cici's Pizza and other chains that offer this daily, but nada in New England. What gives?

They have crap "pizza" we have good pizza. They need bargains to sell there crap. We have pizza worth paying a few bucks for. And its not even expensive, unless its American Flatbread in Waitsfeild Vt.

skiur

Pizza is one thing that I never get while skiing. Killington has 3 pizza places on the access road and none of them make good pizza. Ramuntos in bridgewater VT is the only decent pizza I have had in ski country and it is only decent. Being from NYC, I dont even consider pizza when I travel as it will only be disappointing.

tumbler

They have crap "pizza" we have good pizza. They need bargains to sell there crap. We have pizza worth paying a few bucks for. And its not even expensive, unless its American Flatbread in Waitsfeild Vt.

Flatbread is worth it.

cdskier

Pizza is one thing that I never get while skiing. Killington has 3 pizza places on the access road and none of them make good pizza. Ramuntos in bridgewater VT is the only decent pizza I have had in ski country and it is only decent. Being from NYC, I dont even consider pizza when I travel as it will only be disappointing.

Pizza Soul in Sugarbush Village makes excellent pizza (and I'm from the NJ/NYC area and still stand by this statement).

Flatbread is worth it.

Completely agree. Was just there last weekend!

snoseek

Cicis pizza is awful! Most places chains are an option as the pizza is terrible...in new England even the midgrade pizza is pretty good. I would kill for some santarpios or bianci or Regina right about now....