• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski the East...or not?

So far no rain in Wasatch, looks like that forecast changed. Bit warm and super windy today at Snowbird, don't try and tell me there are no wind holds out west. Tram is on hold and all of Mineral Basin closed today for wind. Small powder day (surprise) Monday with half a foot at Brighton, maybe more tomorrow at Deer Valley.

Note: rented a vehicle through National in SLC, standard SUV. They were doing an amazing job getting all skiers set up with 4x4's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
How are the lift lines at the ‘Bird? Empty midweek, or are they still busy?

machski

How are the lift lines at the ‘Bird? Empty midweek, or are they still busy?
Only skied it today and basically ski on, even with tram delayed on wind and no mineral Basin all day. Alta was the same yesterday. Brighton Monday had a bit of a line at times at the Snake Creek Express, but everything else was ski on. Solitude on Sunday wasn't bad, but their line setups are horrible, basically Europe like free for all. Summit had about a 5 minute line at tops. That said, we were going to ski Brighton Sunday but just after Solitude village, the road became a parking lot. So we 180'd it back to Solitude.

machski

Well, no rain today at DV, but very wet graupel most of the day. Certainly not "the greatest snow on Earth". Was definitely drier at the summit, guessing the Cottonwoods got better quality considering they are 1000' higher up. I think I'm done with the Park City side.