Killington Ganjala - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    When I was younger, I thought it was cool.

    Now that I have my own kids, I realize what an ass I was at times.

    A 20 year overdue apology is overdue to many people. I am sorry.
    This is great! Pretty sure the vast majority of us feel the same way.



    My office is in NYC, and over the past 18 months or so, I've been amazed at the sheer brazenness of people smoking on the street. It's not like they are being sneaky about it in the alleyway. It's right on the corner in Times Square or Wall Street. And it's not legal in NY (yet).

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    When I was younger, I thought it was cool.

    Now that I have my own kids, I realize what an ass I was at times.

    A 20 year overdue apology is overdue to many people. I am sorry.
    Yeah man, me too. Sorry everyone. We should like, start a group or something.

    FAKA

    (formerly ahole kids anon)

  3. #13
    People smoking weed and vaping in lift lines is the new norm in Vermont. Happening big time at Mount Snow this year. They just put no smoking/vaping signs up at the entrance to the lift lines, but given the non-existent enforcement at Mount Snow, the signs are likely a complete waste of money. Until mountains start pulling tickets and passes for violating the no-smoking rules, it will continue. If they started to pull, word would get out pretty quickly and people would be forced to do their smoking just off trail in the woods, like the old days.

  4. #14
    A bunch of skiers smoking weed? You don't say.

    I ultimately think there are better things to work yourself up about than waiting an extra 10 seconds for a gondola car because some people only care about themselves. The smokers are the assholes, but the effects are relatively minimal.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Yeah man, me too. Sorry everyone. We should like, start a group or something.

    FAKA

    (formerly ahole kids anon)
    The people in my Gondola were not young kids. They looked to be in their late 50's or early 60's. The whole scene really struck me the wrong way.

    My daughter made a funny though - she said it smelled like the Devil's lettuce.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    A bunch of skiers smoking weed? You don't say.

    I ultimately think there are better things to work yourself up about than waiting an extra 10 seconds for a gondola car because some people only care about themselves. The smokers are the assholes, but the effects are relatively minimal.
    I did not get myself worked up - he did.

    Sorry, but you see a dad with a young kid - how about you just grow up?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I did not get myself worked up - he did.

    Sorry, but you see a dad with a young kid - how about you just grow up?
    Live and let live broski, worry about the dope fiends running the lifts, they’re more a danger to you and your daughter

  8. #18
    Brewbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Near Springfield, Mass
    Posts
    73
    I never understood the whole smoke in the gondola thing, much preferred to be out in the woods.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewbeer View Post
    I never understood the whole smoke in the gondola thing, much preferred to be out in the woods.
    Logistics, you’re already not skiing when on the lift versus stopping at the top after the fact

  10. #20
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewbeer View Post
    I never understood the whole smoke in the gondola thing, much preferred to be out in the woods.
    More out of the wind and better when you take your gloves off to pass the spliff.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:54 PM.