• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ganjala

raisingarizona

Why don't people just make an effort to get edibles? So much easier and less intrusive on those around you.

I’m all about the edibles. We should all make an effort to be aware if whatever we are doing is negatively affecting people around us, that’s just being thoughtful and not being a dick.

Killingtime

Ha! And just like that an article today on Unofficial Networks about Vail employing TSA agents to search for drugs on gondy lines:
https://unofficialnetworks.com/2019/01/28/vail-resorts-to-deploy-tsa-screeners-gondola/

"During the recent government shutdown, Vail Resorts quietly beta tested a new security program that’s sure to rub some skiers and snowboarders the wrong way. Dubbed, “Operation Unsafe Meeting,” the test program is putting unsatisfied TSA employees back to work by securing all Vail Resorts-owned gondolas.
At its outset, the program was so successful at preventing gondola-based drug use, that Vail Resorts’ executive board signed off on a contract that will employ some 200 TSA screeners at gondola bases and top stations across the world starting Feb. 1st.
During the aforementioned ‘test-phase,’ the screeners found some 562.5 pounds of marijuana, 1 kilo of cocaine, and few pounds of other miscellaneous drugs that included magic mushrooms, MDMA, as well as Ibuprofen with small doses of Codeine (*otherwise known as Canadian Advil)."

Ol Dirty Noodle

That sounds like the early 90’s.

It’s just the times are changing and so is the old guard, this forum and discussion are proofI’m sure many of anti-weed people here consume alcohol and ignore the factual statistical info that weed is all around less harmful. Because they were raised believing in the “gateway drug” and reefer madness propaganda.

To them 20 something(or anyone for that matter)who smokes pot is a dirtbag while the frat boy who’s binge drinking, starting fights, harassing girls and crashing cars isn’t because alcohol is federally legal.
It’s that same attitude towards prescription pain killers that led us to the heroine epidemic we’re currently experiencing. If you don’t believe that than you’re fucking dumb.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Ha! And just like that an article today on Unofficial Networks about Vail employing TSA agents to search for drugs on gondy lines:
https://unofficialnetworks.com/2019/01/28/vail-resorts-to-deploy-tsa-screeners-gondola/

"During the recent government shutdown, Vail Resorts quietly beta tested a new security program that’s sure to rub some skiers and snowboarders the wrong way. Dubbed, “Operation Unsafe Meeting,” the test program is putting unsatisfied TSA employees back to work by securing all Vail Resorts-owned gondolas.
At its outset, the program was so successful at preventing gondola-based drug use, that Vail Resorts’ executive board signed off on a contract that will employ some 200 TSA screeners at gondola bases and top stations across the world starting Feb. 1st.
During the aforementioned ‘test-phase,’ the screeners found some 562.5 pounds of marijuana, 1 kilo of cocaine, and few pounds of other miscellaneous drugs that included magic mushrooms, MDMA, as well as Ibuprofen with small doses of Codeine (*otherwise known as Canadian Advil)."

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] so now getting on the gondola will take as long as getting on a flight!!! So fucking stupid

tumbler

Is it April 1st? Seriously?

mister moose

It’s just the times are changing and so is the old guard, this forum and discussion are proofI’m sure many of anti-weed people here consume alcohol and ignore the factual statistical info that weed is all around less harmful. Because they were raised believing in the “gateway drug” and reefer madness propaganda.

To them 20 something(or anyone for that matter)who smokes pot is a dirtbag while the frat boy who’s binge drinking, starting fights, harassing girls and crashing cars isn’t because alcohol is federally legal.
It’s that same attitude towards prescription pain killers that led us to the heroine epidemic we’re currently experiencing. If you don’t believe that than you’re fucking dumb.

You're missing the entire point.

It's not about whether you smoke or not, or pot vs alcohol. It's about your smoke stinks up the cabin so much it causes paying customers to bolt elsewhere. Even on the next trip after the smokers leave the smell is strong. It's about how inconsiderate it is. It's about how clueless smokers are as a group to the smell, just as tobacco smokers were in restaurants and airlines and got booted from the premises en mass.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

I'm not anti weed ,just anti "Imported" weed . You buy "Imported" and your money is going to some bad people .

Dang , you sound like a Gillette commercial. :slap:

Yeah ,I did stupid shit as a kid too. Rude is rude

Ol Dirty Noodle

It's not about whether you smoke or not, or pot vs alcohol. It's about your smoke stinks up the cabin so much it causes paying customers to bolt elsewhere. Even on the next trip after the smokers leave the smell is strong. It's about how inconsiderate it is. It's about how clueless smokers are as a group to the smell, just as tobacco smokers were in restaurants and airlines and got booted from the premises en mass.

I get that, that response was more towards the people talking about “drug problems” and the holier than thou attitude.

cdskier

I don't think it's a, "have a drug problem" in 100% of those cases, but I do know it's a, "have a douchebag problem" in 100% of those cases.

+1

Exactly. I don't care that someone smokes in private (or in the middle of the woods with no one around). Go for it if that's your thing. Just have consideration and respect for people around you.

prsboogie

I did not get myself worked up - he did.

Sorry, but you see a dad with a young kid - how about you just grow up?
My point exactly. Have some concideration to your surroundings. It's not legal in the state, it's not legal in public in states where it is legal and smoking anything is not allowed in public at any of the hills.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

raisingarizona

I was talking about people smoking weed openly in NYC. We did that as teens, shit we'd walk right by cops puffing on blunts.

benski

TSA screeners at gondola liftlines sounds like hell. TSA screeners are bad enough at airports.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I was talking about people smoking weed openly in NYC. We did that as teens, shit we'd walk right by cops puffing on blunts.

I too work in NYC and I can tell you that never changed, shit I’ve seen a dude roll and spark a blunt on the E train lol and ever since the vapes/cartridges came along forget it lol

KustyTheKlown

Was it crowded?

Personally I find it annoying when someone slides up next to me on a lift when there is absolutely no line.

Whether or not I was smoking I’d be annoyed if you and your child hopped into my gondola full of friends, IF there was no line.

If there is a line, then they were being selfish.

Smoking weed in a gondola among your own group alone is not a big deal. Just open the windows to have some airflow.

Parents can’t protect their little precious ones from the realities of the world forever, and the reality is that marijuana is increasingly legal and mainstream and they will be exposed to the smell sooner or later no matter what. THE HORROR!

djd66

Exactly,... thank you.

prsboogie

Was it crowded?

Personally I find it annoying when someone slides up next to me on a lift when there is absolutely no line.

Whether or not I was smoking I’d be annoyed if you and your child hopped into my gondola full of friends, IF there was no line.

If there is a line, then they were being selfish.

Smoking weed in a gondola among your own group alone is not a big deal. Just open the windows to have some airflow.

Parents can’t protect their little precious ones from the realities of the world forever, and the reality is that marijuana is increasingly legal and mainstream and they will be exposed to the smell sooner or later no matter what. THE HORROR!
My kids know what it smells like and for now hate it and think it stinks. Not delusional to think they will never try it but as long as I can prolong the when, I will.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk