Killington Ganjala

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Killington Ganjala

Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.
    It may be legal in private, but it still is not legal in a public place. People seem to have a difficult concept grasping this. I don't get people that feel the need to smoke around others and feel entitled to be able to do so. (I think we had a big argument on here last year on this topic).

Killington is a smoke-free resort. That includes weed too.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.
    Unfortunately this will become them norm and without the mountains enforcing no smoking in public it will get a lot worse. People don't care about their effect of others' experiences as long as theirs is perfect!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Who doesn't love hot boxing the gondola?

Smoking is not allowed on any lifts at Killington per their web-site.

And it's a shame that they didn't strictly enforce it for the BRAND NEW gondi cars.

Why don't people just make an effort to get edibles? So much easier and less intrusive on those around you.

When I was younger, I thought it was cool.

Now that I have my own kids, I realize what an ass I was at times.

A 20 year overdue apology is overdue to many people. I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Why don't people just make an effort to get edibles? So much easier and less intrusive on those around you.
    That’ll definitely happen more as the Mass stores get spooled up.

Thread Information