• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ganjala

djd66

Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.

cdskier

I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.

It may be legal in private, but it still is not legal in a public place. People seem to have a difficult concept grasping this. I don't get people that feel the need to smoke around others and feel entitled to be able to do so. (I think we had a big argument on here last year on this topic).

prsboogie

Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.
Unfortunately this will become them norm and without the mountains enforcing no smoking in public it will get a lot worse. People don't care about their effect of others' experiences as long as theirs is perfect!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tnt1234

Why don't people just make an effort to get edibles? So much easier and less intrusive on those around you.

rtjcbrown

When I was younger, I thought it was cool.

Now that I have my own kids, I realize what an ass I was at times.

A 20 year overdue apology is overdue to many people. I am sorry.

mikec142

This is great! Pretty sure the vast majority of us feel the same way.

My office is in NYC, and over the past 18 months or so, I've been amazed at the sheer brazenness of people smoking on the street. It's not like they are being sneaky about it in the alleyway. It's right on the corner in Times Square or Wall Street. And it's not legal in NY (yet).

Abominable

Yeah man, me too. Sorry everyone. We should like, start a group or something.

FAKA

(formerly ahole kids anon)

njdiver85

People smoking weed and vaping in lift lines is the new norm in Vermont. Happening big time at Mount Snow this year. They just put no smoking/vaping signs up at the entrance to the lift lines, but given the non-existent enforcement at Mount Snow, the signs are likely a complete waste of money. Until mountains start pulling tickets and passes for violating the no-smoking rules, it will continue. If they started to pull, word would get out pretty quickly and people would be forced to do their smoking just off trail in the woods, like the old days.

AdironRider

A bunch of skiers smoking weed? You don't say.

I ultimately think there are better things to work yourself up about than waiting an extra 10 seconds for a gondola car because some people only care about themselves. The smokers are the assholes, but the effects are relatively minimal.

djd66

Yeah man, me too. Sorry everyone. We should like, start a group or something.

FAKA

(formerly ahole kids anon)

The people in my Gondola were not young kids. They looked to be in their late 50's or early 60's. The whole scene really struck me the wrong way.

My daughter made a funny though - she said it smelled like the Devil's lettuce.

djd66

A bunch of skiers smoking weed? You don't say.

I ultimately think there are better things to work yourself up about than waiting an extra 10 seconds for a gondola car because some people only care about themselves. The smokers are the assholes, but the effects are relatively minimal.

I did not get myself worked up - he did.

Sorry, but you see a dad with a young kid - how about you just grow up?

Ol Dirty Noodle

I did not get myself worked up - he did.

Sorry, but you see a dad with a young kid - how about you just grow up?

Live and let live broski, worry about the dope fiends running the lifts, they’re more a danger to you and your daughter