• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ganjala

machski

Smoking is not allowed on any lifts at Killington per their web-site.
Killington has the sign up at the K1 base too. They have had State Police at The summit terminal years past actually making arrests off the gondola. No different than smoking in a hotel room. Its not yours, don't stink up the accommodations. And don't act like it's your right to your own Gondola. You want your own enclosed space? Walk down to your car and go smoke it up in there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Brewbeer

I never liked the limited amount of time on the chairlift, and the fact that everyone can see what you are doing when you are on the chair. Not to mention I dropped my stash from the lift once in my early ski years. In the woods, you don't need to worry about running out of time or being seen, and you can hit your water stash and take a leak when you are through, if needed.

jimk

Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.

I’m with you. I wouldn’t like a gondi full of tobacco smokers either. Now if you gave me one of your beers while riding a ski lift in springtime, that’s another story:) Just kidding, should be discreet with alcohol too.

FBGM

Sounds like you need to smoke some weed and lighten up. Must be hard to sit in the gondola with that stick up your butthole

djd66

Sounds like you need to smoke some weed and lighten up. Must be hard to sit in the gondola with that stick up your butthole

Its a gondola - not a free for all to smoke weed. There are ton's of places on the mountain to do this. Cooper's cabin?

Killingtime

Its a gondola - not a free for all to smoke weed. There are ton's of places on the mountain to do this. Cooper's cabin?

That's a good spot. Pretty much the entire South Ridge area also. Interconnect area near Ramshead. Woods on the way to back to Bear base lodge via Bear Cub. Woods near Sunrise. Always looking out for spots for friends haha

BenedictGomez

if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem??

I don't think it's a, "have a drug problem" in 100% of those cases, but I do know it's a, "have a douchebag problem" in 100% of those cases.

Edd

Killington is not a place where I expect people to have good manners. That said, I believe I’m going there next Tuesday so I’m prepared to eat my words.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiur

Killington is not a place where I expect people to have good manners. That said, I believe I’m going there next Tuesday so I’m prepared to eat my words.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

There are many well mannered good people at K, unfortunately there are also a bunch of assholes.

raisingarizona

This is great! Pretty sure the vast majority of us feel the same way.

My office is in NYC, and over the past 18 months or so, I've been amazed at the sheer brazenness of people smoking on the street. It's not like they are being sneaky about it in the alleyway. It's right on the corner in Times Square or Wall Street. And it's not legal in NY (yet).

That sounds like the early 90’s.