• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ganjala

machski

Was it crowded?

Personally I find it annoying when someone slides up next to me on a lift when there is absolutely no line.

Whether or not I was smoking I’d be annoyed if you and your child hopped into my gondola full of friends, IF there was no line.

If there is a line, then they were being selfish.

Smoking weed in a gondola among your own group alone is not a big deal. Just open the windows to have some airflow.

Parents can’t protect their little precious ones from the realities of the world forever, and the reality is that marijuana is increasingly legal and mainstream and they will be exposed to the smell sooner or later no matter what. THE HORROR!
So, you smoke the crap in hotel rooms if you can open a window? You don't think you'll get charged the $250 cleaning charge still? No different in a gondola cabin that YOU do not own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

lol. ive smoked pot out the window in every single cheap motel i've ever stayed in and i've never been charged a nickle. pot smoke does not linger like cigarette smoke does. open the window and smoke out of it, and live and let live.

"the crap"

lol

makimono

Miss the old Wildcat 2 person gondolas, with the smaller internal volume you and a bud could purple haze those into oblivion.

crazy

What's wrong with smoking a little marijuana plant? I'll smoke where I want, when I want, until somebody forces me to stop.

Why can't we all just get along dude? Ain't nobody be hurting nobody.

skiur

Was it crowded?

Personally I find it annoying when someone slides up next to me on a lift when there is absolutely no line.

Whether or not I was smoking I’d be annoyed if you and your child hopped into my gondola full of friends, IF there was no line.

If there is a line, then they were being selfish.

Smoking weed in a gondola among your own group alone is not a big deal. Just open the windows to have some airflow.

Parents can’t protect their little precious ones from the realities of the world forever, and the reality is that marijuana is increasingly legal and mainstream and they will be exposed to the smell sooner or later no matter what. THE HORROR!

Depends on what your smoking in the gondola. Smoking a bowl or vaping with the windows open is no big deal, by the time it gets back down it will be aired out, but if your smoking a blunt in the gondi even with the windows open its still going to smell in there when it gets back down. I agree 100% with people packing a chair or gondi when there is no line, that annoys the shit out of me.

KustyTheKlown

Yea that was sort of implied. Anything continuously burning will have more of a linger. A quick bowl pack, no.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Skied at Killington yesterday with my 14yo daughter. First, I have to say - love all the changes they made with the tunneling. Completely changes the feel and flow of the Mtn. Great job, I will be back for sure.

The not sot good: What is with all the pot heads smoking weed in the gondola? Literally all of them stunk. Here’s what really pissed me off. We are in line at the K1 gondola,... a group of 4 people get on one car. We follow over and proceed to try and load. Then this woman stands there almost blocking the entrance to the car. I ask her. If she was coming or going? Then all 4 people get off the car and start yelling at me because they want to smoke in the car. These were not young punks BTW - they were some older burnouts - late 50’s/ early 60’s. I was pretty pissed about the whole scene as it freaked my daughter out. I never got to to say it,... but if you have to start argument with the general public so you can smoke weed on your own private gondola car - you may want to ask yourself - do have a drug problem?? I guess with legalization, I should expect to see more of this.

So back to the original post. I would be equally as pissed if my 7-year old daughter and I had the same situation. But in looking back, you must admit that this is damn funny. K just replaced those gondola cabs. I imagine they are pissed. Perhaps they need to have two lines to load--smoking and non-smoking. No surprise though because when I skied there folks smoked pot in the gondolas.

skiur

Not for nothing people but this is not something new, people have been smoking in gondola's since gondola's have been around. If you dont want your kid to be aware that people smoke weed then dont let them out of the house. Like it or not this is the world we live in and it is not going to change. Now that pot is socially accepted it will become more normal. I would much rather be forced to smell pot smoke than cigarette smoke......not saying it is right but it is was it is so if you wanna ski you have to deal with it.

BenedictGomez

Not for nothing people but this is not something new, people have been smoking in gondola's since gondola's have been around. If you dont want your kid to be aware that people smoke weed then dont let them out of the house. Like it or not this is the world we live in and it is not going to change. Now that pot is socially accepted it will become more normal. I would much rather be forced to smell pot smoke than cigarette smoke......not saying it is right but it is was it is so if you wanna ski you have to deal with it.

It's definitely become more frequent, but I dont think it has anything to do with social acceptance or legalization, but rather with a generational'ish deterioration in social manners paired with a gargantuan increase in sense-of-entitlement, sprinkled with a bit of the, "it's all about me" attitude.

Smellytele

A couple of years ago I got on the K gondola with my family. It smelled like weed. No issue. Then my 12/13 yo old looks at the windowsill and picks up a 1/4 of a joint. We all laughed and he put it back down. No Harm, No Foul.

KustyTheKlown

vape cartridges tend to freeze in ski temps. and the burn of the real thing is so much better, imo.

rtjcbrown

It's definitely become more frequent, but I dont think it has anything to do with social acceptance or legalization, but rather with a generational'ish deterioration in social manners paired with a gargantuan increase in sense-of-entitlement, sprinkled with a bit of the, "it's all about me" attitude.

This, 10X over

raisingarizona

I’m pro Jane but it’s not that difficult to be aware and courteous of others.