• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This is WORTH the 60 seconds to watch! Awesome

Glenn

Seems there's a lot of good terrain there. I never used to think of Japan as a ski destination.

cdskier

Seems there's a lot of good terrain there. I never used to think of Japan as a ski destination.

I just heard on a conference call this morning that one of my colleagues from Australia is on vacation in Japan right now skiing...

SkiRay

Indeed. We were at the Travel Show this weekend here in NYC - kids needed the weekend off and we thought we should give it to them - they have been at it hard these last few weeks, and helping us produce our ski stories as some of you know.. We are SHOCKED when we learned how many ski resorts are just in Nagano area! 57 or more.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BtJ4IR-lg2k/

We hope to go next season - Nick, the guy in this video was just there for the Free World Tour.

mikec142

If you don't follow Owen Leeper on Instagram, you should. He's in Japan right now and the videos and pictures he's posting have been phenomenal.

SkiRay

Sure thing - my wife handles our instaham account for Alba Adventures.