• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Newbie - Here Now!

HowieT2

Yea...I originally had typed out in my first response that people either love his food or find it boring and uninspiring. Then I simplified my response. But I'm in the camp that agrees with you. The food was certainly good, but to me lacked creativity and that "wow" factor that you expect at a high end restaurant.

exactly.

ThinkSnow

+ 1

Stopped going to the Common Man once that became evident. Hope the Pitcher Inn fares better. Sad to see the Common Man being converted into condos, and Slide Brook Tavern with a For Sale sign up....not surprising since Alex has lost his overflow parking lot with the Common Man loss.

cdskier

+ 1

Stopped going to the Common Man once that became evident. Hope the Pitcher Inn fares better. Sad to see the Common Man being converted into condos, and Slide Brook Tavern with a For Sale sign up....not surprising since Alex has lost his overflow parking lot with the Common Man loss.

I hate driving by and seeing Common Man turning into condos. The interior of that building was so beautiful and iconic and it is so sad to see it gone.

Smellytele

Nope. Just last weekend we did a test of that. Our group split up. Some took the shuttle and some went via the slidebrook lift. I was with the group that took the lift. We got over to Mt Ellen and did 2 runs on the Northridge before the other group met us at the Glen House. We did the singles line at the bottom. That was the only wait. They waited 5 minutes for the shuttle.

Did you both start at the base of Lincoln or at the slidebrook?

cdskier

Did you both start at the base of Lincoln or at the slidebrook?

I took Hawk's "We did the singles line at the bottom. That was the only wait" comment to mean they started at the base of Lincoln and took the singles line on the Gate House quad to get up to Slidebrook.

rocks860

Just as an aside, semi tough is absurdly good right now although it is really really cold out. I’m debating whether I can survive the lower fis runout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cdskier

Just as an aside, semi tough is absurdly good right now although it is really really cold out. I’m debating whether I can survive the lower dis runout

The Lower FIS runout will help you warm up!

rocks860

Was pretty great at mount Ellen today, guess I’m glad I didn’t go over to lp

Los

Doesn't sound great at all.

Today at Lincoln peak is a real disappointment. The wind has done some serious damage to the trails - both groomed and ungroomed. If it’s not one thing, it’s the other.

By contrast, the conditions at whaleback last night were phenomenal - at least they were on the trails open for night skiing.

cdskier

Today at Lincoln peak is a real disappointment. The wind has done some serious damage to the trails - both groomed and ungroomed. If it’s not one thing, it’s the other.

By contrast, the conditions at whaleback last night were phenomenal - at least they were on the trails open for night skiing.

Definitely glad I skied Ellen today. By 1 a few spots were getting scraped off, but overall most trails were still very good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zand

I'll be at Sugarbush tomorrow. Probably mainly a Mt Ellen day but I'm sure I won't be able to resist the urge to hop on the Slide Brook to go check out Castlerock and Heavens Gate real quick.

Hawk

I took Hawk's "We did the singles line at the bottom. That was the only wait" comment to mean they started at the base of Lincoln and took the singles line on the Gate House quad to get up to Slidebrook.
Yes we both started from the courtyard right in front of the Castlerock pub.

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
ME saved the day. We started at 8 AM at LP and quickly, the lines started. Super Bravo shut down due to wind. It was strong! Quickly, Gate House Express jammed up. The lines were incredible and empty chairs kept going up. Some chairs and 2 people. It was so inefficient. After barely moving for 20 minutes, we left. I went to Customer Service and they had no clue. I later spoke with someone in management who said their ticket reader was having glitches and the gate reader had a challenge. We waited 40 minutes for a bus to ME. By that time, I could not feel my fingers. As it turned out, ME was just up our alley. Semi-Tough was amazing!!!!! I rented skis after 38 years hiatus and quickly went back to my Yes Snowboard. LOVE ME

rocks860

Glad it was good over there, when I got in my car this morning that was in a garage it said the temperature was -1.

cdskier

Glad it was good over there, when I got in my car this morning that was in a garage it said the temperature was -1.

I skied from 8 to 2 with only a 10 minute break in the glen house around 10. Wasn’t too bad if you were dressed right

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone