• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

East coast lessons

mfi

Why are ski lessons on the East coast..most areas way more expensive than West coast?
Stowe (yeah I know) 2.5 hour 152.00...thats the same as an all day at JH. And at JH your on the snow a lot more than the lifts. Just wondering.

AdironRider

This is not true at all for Jackson. A full day group lesson starts at 255 per person, plus rentals. A never ever magic carpet only lesson for a 5 year old runs 240 or so. You don't even want to know about a private.

You do get to cut lift lines though, which is tempting some pow days.

Last edited:

kingslug

Um..i just got back from jackson..i tip very well..so it cost me 275 if i remember..really good tip but the guy was the best..only 4 of us in the group..so it was very worth it..worked on ver specific things which i needed..and had a blast..right till last chair
Lesson is 175.oo plus lift ticket which i already had at half price with mtn collective pass...

Smellytele

Um..i just got back from jackson..i tip very well..so it cost me 275 if i remember..really good tip but the guy was the best..only 4 of us in the group..so it was very worth it..worked on ver specific things which i needed..and had a blast..right till last chair
Lesson is 175.oo plus lift ticket which i already had at half price with mtn collective pass...

Sorry but I would never pay that kind of cabbage for a lesson if it was a private. Well unless it came with a little extra. Not even then - let alone a tip.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Sorry but I would never pay that kind of cabbage for a lesson if it was a private. Well unless it came with a little extra. Not even then - let alone a tip.

Financial priorities vary but if skiing is THE THING someone really likes to do, that cost seems justified every once in awhile.