• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crowds Super Bowl Sunday???

Ol Dirty Noodle

Thinking about hitting Bellayre in the morning, anyone have any experience skiing game day? Any effect on crowds?

urungus

With the Patriots in the Super a Bowl, I expect the Sunday crowds to be lighter than usual

Domeskier

I once skied mountain creek on super bowl day. It was as crowded as always.

benski

As you can probably guess from my avatar, I'm from New Jersey and I live in New Jersey.

I have skied most of my life.

Mountain Creek is in New Jersey.

I have never been to Mountain Creek (not kidding).

Skiing your not crazy to avoid it but the water park (formerly known as action park) is now pretty nice. Intrawest took care off all the safety issues when they owned it.

ERJ-145CA

Since I live 10 minutes from Mountain Creek and have a lot of weekdays off I go there all the time. It's great on weekdays. It also opens an hour early for pass holders on weekends so I'll be there when the lifts open at 8 this morning and leave by 10:30 when it starts getting crowded. Since I'll be skiing alone I'll get a solid 2+ hours of runs in. I can't complain about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

hammer

Busiest day I had at Gunstock was on Superbowl Sunday...if a place has a lift ticket deal they will come. Game isn't until the evening, and it seems like people are going because they think it will be less crowded.

Had the choice to go on Friday and even though it was a lot colder I decided to go then.

skiur

Busiest day I had at Gunstock was on Superbowl Sunday...if a place has a lift ticket deal they will come. Game isn't until the evening, and it seems like people are going because they think it will be less crowded.

Had the choice to go on Friday and even though it was a lot colder I decided to go then.

Your experience is not normal, normally Superbowl Sunday has minimum crowds, especially if a NY/NE team is in it.

drjeff

Decent crowd today at Jiminy Peak where my duties as "ski racer Dad" are being called upon!

Thankfully my daughter has a fairly early 2nd run starting position so we can get the heck outta here and home to CT before kick off!!

Snow conditions are decent! Some scratchy spots in the high traffic areas and on some of the steeper pitches, but overall a nice machine groomed surface

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Ol Dirty Noodle

Bellayre wasn’t too bad today until later in the day when it hit 50 oddly enough, by then things were getting bare and I was ready to call it a day. Walked right on the gondola for my first run that was pretty cool. It still amazes me
The lack of etiquette and people just stopping in the middle of trails, and these trails aren’t wide to begin with so stopping with a group of 4-6 really makes things dicey especially when you have inexperienced skiers desperate to cut across the trail and pass on the side without moguls.

abc

Sugarbush (Lincoln peak) was practically deserted. Almost empty after 1.

Maybe because everyone ski mountains closer to home?

BenedictGomez

If people knew how terrible this Superbowl was going to be, they probably would have chosen to ski all day instead. Woof!

cdskier

Sugarbush (Lincoln peak) was practically deserted. Almost empty after 1.

Maybe because everyone ski mountains closer to home?

Oddly enough I felt it was more crowded than usual early on (from 8-10) today at Lincoln Peak. Not saying it was actually crowded, but just that for first thing on a Sunday it seemed busier than usual as if people were trying to get some runs in before heading out early.

benski

Greek peak was crowded. Big tailgate at the backside parking lot. This lot is directly adjacent to a trail. They had to turn on an extra double lift to deal with crowds.