• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crowds Super Bowl Sunday???

jaytrem

Mount Snow was pretty quiet today. Spent most of the day on the North Face, but when we were on the front the Grand Summit was ski on and the Bluebird was 2 or 3 rows deep. Light mist in the morning might have kept some people away. Also only saw 1 bus at Sundance. Nice day in the trees, almost everything else was groomed.

abc

Oddly enough I felt it was more crowded than usual early on (from 8-10) today at Lincoln Peak. Not saying it was actually crowded, but just that for first thing on a Sunday it seemed busier than usual as if people were trying to get some runs in before heading out early.
Or maybe the 1” on people’s car made them overly excited for first track?

I don’t know what a typical Sunday morning at Lincoln peak is like. All I can say is there’s almost no line on the bottom lifts, skied right on at the upper lifts from 10 o’clock on. That’s when I got there (I was expecting people to leave early, so no motivation to be there early)

Plenty of table at the lodge at 12:30 lunch hour too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If people knew how terrible this Superbowl was going to be, they probably would have chosen to ski all day instead. Woof!
I can't think of a worse one in my lifetime.

As a Pat's fan, when it ended I was essentially like

Yay? Kinda?

Perhaps I should have more gratitude. When Brady retires the team likely reverts back to their former selves and doesn't win shit for 35 years.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

gladerider

killington was much lighter than usual. the fog was pretty bad. it was difficult to see in many places.
after 1, it really thinned out.

drjeff

Yay? Kinda?

Perhaps I should have more gratitude. When Brady retires the team likely reverts back to their former selves and doesn't win shit for 35 years.

My "favorite" thing about how fortunate as a 30+ yr Pats fan, the last 18 or so years have been, is that my kids, now 15 and 13, literally don't believe me when I tell them that there actually was a time when the Pats sucked.... Lol!!

Tonight's game, while not an offensive show, was still as a Pats fan and almost 15yr season ticket holder, a stressful and ultimately GREAT game to savor and remember!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

The Stowe early chair, 730, was more crowded tthan usual..maybe the new snow..or more likely everyone wanted to get their runs in early. The single lines were only 5 minutes though.

Cornhead

Thankfully I was sick and couldn't stay awake to watch the whole game, or maybe i would've been asleep even if I wasn't sick. I don't see how anyone but a Pats fan could've enjoyed that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
My "favorite" thing about how fortunate as a 30+ yr Pats fan, the last 18 or so years have been, is that my kids, now 15 and 13, literally don't believe me when I tell them that there actually was a time when the Pats sucked.... Lol!!

Tonight's game, while not an offensive show, was still as a Pats fan and almost 15yr season ticket holder, a stressful and ultimately GREAT game to savor and remember!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
Sure,

But of the six titles, this one is a distant sixth in terms of dramatics and excitement.

You don't need a Superbowl to be a shoot out to be a good one, but at least a few lead and momentum changes is desirable to build the drama.

It will be remembered most for Brady becoming the only player to win six rings, but little will be talked about regarding the get itself after a week or two.

If I had to rank the six Pat's wins it would go

1. Atlanta
2. Rams 1 & Seattle tied
4. Carolina
5. Eagles
6. Rams 2

Even all three Pats losses were vastly better games than last night. Don't take that as me saying I'd rather see a good game and the Patriots lose. Never in a million years. I'm just speaking from an entertaining game stand point.

Killingtime

The fog was terrible especially since it froze on your goggles. Spent most of the day lapping the woods by the Stash. Tons of snow and in excellent condition. Lines at SPQ not too bad either. Still a great a day even with the fog.

mfi

Yup ..freezing fog moved in Sunday..so I just took the goggles off..wasn't too cold.

mriceyman

Went to blue in the pokes and it was pretty dam busy.. everyone had the same thought.. by 2 it was thinning out .. nice to ski in a long sleeve shirt all day.. had to be high 40s on the mountain. And possibly the best snow conditions ive ever had in the pokes

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

If I had to rank the six Pat's wins it would go

1. Atlanta
2. Rams 1 & Seattle tied
4. Carolina
5. Eagles
6. Rams 2

I'll never forget the above two Superbowls, only because both of them were lost by monumentally stupid coaching decisions. Not belittling the Pats, obviously they're a dynasty, but those 2 games were more "lost" by idiotic coaching than won. The ATL one, in my opinion is worse, because it was a repeated inexplicably bizarre dumb coaching decision, whereas the SEA game was simply one dumb decision.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Yay? Kinda?

I think the real challenge will be when Belichick leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

I felt it was pretty busy for a Superbowl Sunday this year. Especially since the Pats were playing.

speden

I guess people aren't that interested in defensive battles anymore. I found it to be a very tense, hard fought game. I was pretty much cursing at the TV most of the game until Gilmore made that pick near the end.

I really liked the more aggressive defensive strategies that Flores brought this year, and it all seemed to come together in the Superbowl. I'm sad to see him leave the Pats to coach the Dolphins. Can't remember seeing the Pats call cover 0 before this season, and especially not in critical situations. Usually they'd go with a more conservative "bend and often break" play it "safe" call, instead of a "let's attack" call. The Pats D shut just about everything down except Cooks, who's fast enough that he got open a few times. Too bad for the Rams he doesn't have the greatest hands or they would have had at least one TD.

I liked what the Rams were doing on defense too. They made Brady really uncomfortable and ordinary looking for most of the game. Without Edelman that game probably would have gone the other way. He was basically uncoverable. I was getting really annoyed at the wasted passes thrown to Hogan. I guess Brady was hoping to draw some pass interference calls with those since there was no way he was going to catch anything, but the refs were clearly only going to call egregious PI so those were just downs that got pissed away. I felt like Dorsett would have been better than Hogan since Hogan just can't get separation to save his life. Time to draft some new receivers or make a big trade this offseason.

I'm glad McDaniels stuck with the run even when it seemed like running up the middle was a brick wall. By the fourth quarter the Rams finally looked a little tired and couldn't put up a good goal line stand against the run. Game over.

Now that the season is done I can finally do some Sunday skiing. :)

speden

Just got back from the victory parade in Boston. It was a blast as usual. Never gets old. ;)

I thought both defenses played lights out. Lots of pressure on the QB's, linebackers plugging gaps almost instantly, and tight, effective coverage in the secondary. Both QB's looked rattled by what they were up against, but more so Goff since he's too inexperienced to be able to read defenses well and make adjustments at the line. Special teams were also killing it (missed kicks notwithstanding), and it was a good field position battle for most of the game.

Cornhead

Just got back from the victory parade in Boston. It was a blast as usual. Never gets old. ;)

I thought both defenses played lights out. Lots of pressure on the QB's, linebackers plugging gaps almost instantly, and tight, effective coverage in the secondary. Both QB's looked rattled by what they were up against, but more so Goff since he's too inexperienced to be able to read defenses well and make adjustments at the line. Special teams were also killing it (missed kicks notwithstanding), and it was a good field position battle for most of the game.
Too bad the Saints got hosed, I bet they would've given a better showing than the illegitimate Rams.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• tenor.jpg
    tenor.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 39