• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley Feb 2

slatham

Very good conditions. 100% open. Groomers were hero cold squeaky packed powder and there were legit powder shots on ungromed trails and the woods. Obvious that the cold kept people off the hill post storm. I’d say the snow this week compressed to 6-8” but was still very light and very skiable. Deep base - saw a list of VT towns snow depth and Peru is #5 at 30” and there is much more on the mountain. Windy and started cold (0.7 at condo at 2,300’) went up to 20 by 4. Nice sun in the morning with clouds in the afternoon. Day started at 7:30 - on occasion owners in the village can ski 7:30-8:30 with President Bill Cairns so 10 of us got early, empty tracks. Best part was my daughter having a good race and my wife, recovering from knee surgery, was out on the snowshoes. Fingers crossed for some net gainers this week and then back to full on winter pattern!

JimG.

Staff member
Drove by Bromley on the way to Okemo for my son's high school ski club trip yesterday.

Amazingly we found the same conditions there. I'm not a fan of Okemo but I'm all about the snow conditions and Okemo delivered yesterday. I guess the regulars don't go in the off map trees all that much. Even on map stuff had great snow.

drjeff

Drove by Bromley on the way to Okemo for my son's high school ski club trip yesterday.

Amazingly we found the same conditions there. I'm not a fan of Okemo but I'm all about the snow conditions and Okemo delivered yesterday. I guess the regulars don't go in the off map trees all that much. Even on map stuff had great snow.

Agree 100%

My daughter was also slapping plastic on Saturday on East Meadow. Just missed the flip by 1 place, but ended up inside the top 30 after a solid 2nd run.

GREAT snow all over the hill! If the wind was a few MPH less or the temps a few degrees warmer, would of been an incredible non powder day (not that there wasn't a bunch of lightly tracked powder on numerous trails to be had as well!

slatham

Agree 100%

My daughter was also slapping plastic on Saturday on East Meadow. Just missed the flip by 1 place, but ended up inside the top 30 after a solid 2nd run.

GREAT snow all over the hill! If the wind was a few MPH less or the temps a few degrees warmer, would of been an incredible non powder day (not that there wasn't a bunch of lightly tracked powder on numerous trails to be had as well!

My daughter raced Saturday too. She's in BOC. Would have liked to have met you Dr Jeff. For some reason I was under the impression you had younger kids. Skiing was great, even with the wind!

drjeff

My daughter raced Saturday too. She's in BOC. Would have liked to have met you Dr Jeff. For some reason I was under the impression you had younger kids. Skiing was great, even with the wind!

I've got a U16 and a U14 this season.

Back at your home hill the 2nd weekend of March with the U14 on that Saturday and the U16 on that Sunday. Definitely gotta grab some turns then!

And I will fully admit that regardless of whatever happens weather wise later this week, that for the 1st weekend since just before Christmas, I have a weekend coming up where I won't be having to hop in the car 1, if not both mornings, and drive somewhere to watch a race and not ski so much while being "racer Dad!" While I do totally enjoy watching my kids race, and the camaraderie among all the kids and the parents for sure, after 6 straight weekends with at least 1 away race, I'm looking forward to a "quiet" weekend where I'm not worrying about start lists, running coats, where the restrooms in such and such a lodge are, etc, etc, etc! ;-)

slatham

I've got a U16 and a U14 this season.

Back at your home hill the 2nd weekend of March with the U14 on that Saturday and the U16 on that Sunday. Definitely gotta grab some turns then!

And I will fully admit that regardless of whatever happens weather wise later this week, that for the 1st weekend since just before Christmas, I have a weekend coming up where I won't be having to hop in the car 1, if not both mornings, and drive somewhere to watch a race and not ski so much while being "racer Dad!" While I do totally enjoy watching my kids race, and the camaraderie among all the kids and the parents for sure, after 6 straight weekends with at least 1 away race, I'm looking forward to a "quiet" weekend where I'm not worrying about start lists, running coats, where the restrooms in such and such a lodge are, etc, etc, etc! ;-)

We should be there that weekend and racing on Sunday. We should definitely meet up. Enjoy a race free weekend. We also have no races, but unfortunately will not be skiing. Back at for Presidents week.