Rental cars for western travel - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 145
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    I am surprised at some of the rant by Teleskier!
    Only because you have a May 2019 join date.

    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  2. #42
    I am very fortunate. I have been out west twice. Once to ski Abasin, Keystone, Copper, and the next was Utah to ski Snowbird, Canyons, PC, Deer Valley, and Snowbird. Those were great trips, but my parents own a 2nd home near Bethel, ME. So with a 3 1/4 hr drive up, I can ski SR, Wildcat, Mt Abram, Black Mtn of Maine, and have the options of hitting Loon, or Cannon on the way up. I really enjoyed the trips out west, but with the cost and other considerations, it probably won't happen again. Also, I live 15 minutes from the Crotch, which is VERY convenient.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Only because you have a May 2019 join date.
    I'm thinking that is just a new account for someone that has been here for a while and not actually someone that just found this board now...

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm thinking that is just a new account for someone that has been here for a while and not actually someone that just found this board now...
    Based on what evidence?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Based on what evidence?
    Just to be clear, I was referring to dblskifanatic (since that's who BG mentioned had a recent join date) and not Teleskier.

    My only intention was to point out to BG that he's probably seen Teleskier's rants before despite the recent join date and isn't necessarily surprised to see a rant since this certainly isn't the first one, but rather is surprised because he doesn't think the content of the rant is valid.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Just to be clear, I was referring to dblskifanatic (since that's who BG mentioned had a recent join date) and not Teleskier.
    It's dlague, which, I assume from the winking face graphic, BG already knows.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,118
    OK.

    I was slow to pick up on that.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    It's dlague, which, I assume from the winking face graphic, BG already knows.
    Yea, I wasn't naming the name in case he had an actual reason for changing it (although in that case he probably wouldn't have used the same name that he already uses elsewhere).

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleskier View Post

    Every western trip I ask… is it really worth all this stress and hassle?

    It makes a NE car ski trip seem like bliss!! For much less cost. Your mileage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    I really enjoyed the trips out west, but with the cost and other considerations, it probably won't happen again. Also, I live 15 minutes from the Crotch, which is VERY convenient.
    You get what you pay for.

    Is the effort worth it? Really? REALLY? Wow. Even bad western conditions are still waaaaaay better than the normal northleast drek. Lived in NE for 40+ years and the last 10 wouldn't bother to go north. Life's too short for that, even with a bud with a ski-in/out on Bear mountain.

    If you can't find a way to make a west trip work, you're doing it wrong. Really wrong.

    Chains - go on ebay and get the ones that look like oversized tie wraps. work fine and easy on and off. Rentals - All of the places at SLC have a lot of 4wd vehicles. No issues. Only advice if DO NOT go to Budget in downtown SLC, they'll rip you off with the car and airport fees and everything else. Same at Budget at YVR - notorious for ripping people off for non-existent problems and damage
    12-13 Season
    Dec 10-? Whistles
    Jan 7-12 - SLC
    Feb 4-9 - SLC
    Mar 3-12 - Verbier
    April - Whistler
    Counting ski days at <1k berms:
    Life's too short to SKI THE EAST

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by big_vert View Post
    Even bad western conditions are still waaaaaay better than the normal northleast drek.
    This stupid nonsense argument again?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:37 AM.