Indy Ski Pass

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indy Ski Pass

Indy Ski Pass

The guy that's putting it together I think is hoping to have some east coast stuff. That's not the final list of resorts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post

it already exists, although not exclusive to the east coast

http://freedompass.ski/

I am really liking this pass. It has three places that are within 2 hours of me. This site https://www.saminfo.com/headline-new...-casual-skiers mentions 11 places already on the pass. I can't find where I read it but I thought the guy putting this together is hoping for at least 24 resorts with a focus on mid west and east coast mountains before the September sale.

Found it on the page I linked above:

Organizers have begun outreach to the Midwest, Northeast and Canadian markets to round out the offering. Eighty-five percent of pass revenue will be split among partner resorts based on total redemptions, with 9 percent allocated to marketing the pass and developing a national brand, and the remainder to cover admin and other costs.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    it already exists, although not exclusive to the east coast

http://freedompass.ski/

Not quite. Freedom Pass is a perk added on to a regular season pass. Kind of an eastern version of the Powder Alliance (the two should really merge already!) This pass is closer in nature to the Mountain Collective. A limited number of days at each participating resort, but no season pass purchase required.

If they can get places like platty, smuggs, mad, magic, etc involved here, it could be quite cool

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Found it on the page I linked above:

Organizers have begun outreach to the Midwest, Northeast and Canadian markets to round out the offering. Eighty-five percent of pass revenue will be split among partner resorts based on total redemptions, with 9 percent allocated to marketing the pass and developing a national brand, and the remainder to cover admin and other costs.
    Hopefully they throw in the NYS ORDA resorts the way the Max Pass did. Gore was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Hopefully they throw in the NYS ORDA resorts the way the Max Pass did. Gore was terrific.

I wonder how the mountains in the MAX pass worked out in those years it existed.

It was really good for some of us skier. And it didn't cause too much excessive crowding to any of the mountains. But we on the outside don't know if the mountains benefited from such kind of "shared pass".

If Epic worked, and Ikon works, it maybe something that independents should copy. Some upfront guarantee and some profit sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by 2planks2coasts View Post
    Not quite. Freedom Pass is a perk added on to a regular season pass. Kind of an eastern version of the Powder Alliance (the two should really merge already!) This pass is closer in nature to the Mountain Collective. A limited number of days at each participating resort, but no season pass purchase required.
    Mcintyre has $250 Adult passes which are the cheapest way onto the freedom pass, excluding Whale back, which is not on sale yet. So the requirement to buy a season pass is adding little if any premium.

BTW purgatory, one of the freedom pass resorts has a 6 pack, 2 express quads, and a bunch of condos at the base.

Thread Information