Rental cars for western travel - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 145
  1. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Id rather get the second-hand embarrassment from you struggling to argue that NJ is more "naturally beautiful" than Detroit... let alone MA
    I guess you cant get embarrassed if you lack the comprehension of understanding why you should be embarrassed in the first place.

    Interesting.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    Every state in the NE has good and bad sections, and unfair stereotypes given out by the truly ignorant.
    This is the key point.

    In the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett, "Don't try to describe a Kiss concert if you've never seen it."
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty White Boy View Post
    Spent summers on the Jersey Shore (Ocean Grove - God's Square Mile) while dad taught at NYU. Even spent a summer in Teaneck. That was in the 70's; you do the math (have a smart person help you).

    Jersey's a sewer.

    Listen, I know you're fat - that's why you can't conceive of how to get to the top of these mountains without plopping your flabby ass onto a chair lift -but I want to know exactly HOW fat. C'mon, chubby, I won't laugh or tell anyone, what's your BMI?
    So you spent time in NJ in the 70s...which means you are at least in your 40s. Yet somehow you have the maturity of a teenager? That's pretty impressive!

  4. #134
    New Jersey is a shithole.

    That was true in the 70's and is true now.

    That doesn't mean their aren't valid reasons to live there despite it being a shithole (income, proximity to jobs, etc) but come the fuck on, no one dreams of living in New Jersey.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  5. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    New Jersey is a shithole.

    That was true in the 70's and is true now.

    That doesn't mean their aren't valid reasons to live there despite it being a shithole (income, proximity to jobs, etc) but come the fuck on, no one dreams of living in New Jersey.

    And what Utopia do you hail from that you feel you can look down on, and judge NJ?

  6. #136
    Pretty nice out by my company HQ in Mahwah. Rolling hills with lots of forest. I'd live there over most Boston suburbs to be honest. No way would I rather live there than NH, but it's far from a shithole in that area

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app


  7. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Pretty nice out by my company HQ in Mahwah. Rolling hills with lots of forest. I'd live there over most Boston suburbs to be honest. No way would I rather live there than NH, but it's far from a shithole in that area
    You just literally described what most of New Jersey looks like.

    Mahwah is the eastern side of the state, here's a picture of 50 miles due west of Mahwah on the western side of the state; notice it's still rural there too, and if you drove it, rural at all points in-between as well. Generally speaking, the farther west you go the more rural it gets, with the exception of outside of Philadelphia.



    I was apparently wrong when I thought most people in the northeast are aware New Jersey isn't a ****hole. It's a surprising degree of turbo-ignorance on steroids, but suffice-it-to-say lots of people here arent exactly well-traveled. Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  8. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.
    Says the person who's been to New Hampshire a few times and thinks they are an expert on birds and bird habitat above 3,000 feet. Remind me again a mountain in New Jersey that's 3,000 to 4,000 feet tall. Oh wait, they're only 1,000.

  9. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    You just literally described what most of New Jersey looks like.

    Mahwah is the eastern side of the state, here's a picture of 50 miles due west of Mahwah on the western side of the state; notice it's still rural there too, and if you drove it, rural at all points in-between as well. Generally speaking, the farther west you go the more rural it gets, with the exception of outside of Philadelphia.



    I was apparently wrong when I thought most people in the northeast are aware New Jersey isn't a ****hole. It's a surprising degree of turbo-ignorance on steroids, but suffice-it-to-say lots of people here arent exactly well-traveled. Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.
    That picture is half Pa.

    I thin k they have Thrushs in Jersey too . Tried to identify this guy taken at Barrs landing in Sandy Hook last year .
    IMG_7359.jpg
    "Make Greenland Green again"

  10. #140

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    So you spent time in NJ in the 70s...which means you are at least in your 40s. Yet somehow you have the maturity of a teenager? That's pretty impressive!
    Mental age of 15!

    Many website have minimum age. But none have minimum MENTAL age, unfortunately.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:05 AM.