• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rental cars for western travel

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes math!

That's the point I was trying to make with 5 ski areas on the 173 NH peaks with Bicknells thrush preferred SUMMER habitat. No one's advocating for it, but you could literally clear cut these 5 areas above 3k feet and the habitat loss would probably amount to a quarter of 1 percent. Likely less than that.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Dirty White Boy

Yup, hence my, "he must not travel much" comment.

Teleskier's erroneous belief is typical of westerners, southerners, midwest folk, etc, who've never been to Jersey, but generally people from the northeast know better. The relatively few northeast folk I've met who think NJ is a giant parking lot are the sort who never left the 4 county area they were born in.

Yes, NJ is a veritable treasure trove of natural wonders. Said no one. Ever.

What's your BMI, chubby?

GregoryIsaacs

Probably 70'ish% of NJ is far more naturally beautiful than Boston & near environs, so that is different.

BAHAHAHAHA wow

Atlantic city/Ocean City are such GEMS! Im glad people actually have this POV or the traffic on the cape/islands/southshore NH/Maine would be that much worse.

rtjcbrown

BAHAHAHAHA wow

Fall River/ Springfield/ Worcester are such GEMS! Im glad people actually have this POV or the traffic on the Cape May/LBI/Spring Lake would be that much worse.

Look; I can cherry pick too! I don't understand all the mudslinging and bashing all of a sudden. Every state in the NE has good and bad sections, and unfair stereotypes given out by the truly ignorant. New Hampshire is a beautiful state, but should I just label everyone a heroin addict, and lives in towns like Rochester or Berlin? No sir! Not fair, and not accurate.

BenedictGomez

Id rather get the second-hand embarrassment from you struggling to argue that NJ is more "naturally beautiful" than Detroit... let alone MA

I guess you cant get embarrassed if you lack the comprehension of understanding why you should be embarrassed in the first place.

Interesting.

cdskier

Spent summers on the Jersey Shore (Ocean Grove - God's Square Mile) while dad taught at NYU. Even spent a summer in Teaneck. That was in the 70's; you do the math (have a smart person help you).

Jersey's a sewer.

Listen, I know you're fat - that's why you can't conceive of how to get to the top of these mountains without plopping your flabby ass onto a chair lift -but I want to know exactly HOW fat. C'mon, chubby, I won't laugh or tell anyone, what's your BMI?

So you spent time in NJ in the 70s...which means you are at least in your 40s. Yet somehow you have the maturity of a teenager? That's pretty impressive!

AdironRider

New Jersey is a shithole.

That was true in the 70's and is true now.

That doesn't mean their aren't valid reasons to live there despite it being a shithole (income, proximity to jobs, etc) but come the fuck on, no one dreams of living in New Jersey.

rtjcbrown

New Jersey is a shithole.

That was true in the 70's and is true now.

That doesn't mean their aren't valid reasons to live there despite it being a shithole (income, proximity to jobs, etc) but come the fuck on, no one dreams of living in New Jersey.

And what Utopia do you hail from that you feel you can look down on, and judge NJ?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty nice out by my company HQ in Mahwah. Rolling hills with lots of forest. I'd live there over most Boston suburbs to be honest. No way would I rather live there than NH, but it's far from a shithole in that area

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Pretty nice out by my company HQ in Mahwah. Rolling hills with lots of forest. I'd live there over most Boston suburbs to be honest. No way would I rather live there than NH, but it's far from a shithole in that area

You just literally described what most of New Jersey looks like.

Mahwah is the eastern side of the state, here's a picture of 50 miles due west of Mahwah on the western side of the state; notice it's still rural there too, and if you drove it, rural at all points in-between as well. Generally speaking, the farther west you go the more rural it gets, with the exception of outside of Philadelphia.

4bb9d63302002c55c464d1b89c370f68.jpg

I was apparently wrong when I thought most people in the northeast are aware New Jersey isn't a ****hole. It's a surprising degree of turbo-ignorance on steroids, but suffice-it-to-say lots of people here arent exactly well-traveled. Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.

gregnye

Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.

Says the person who's been to New Hampshire a few times and thinks they are an expert on birds and bird habitat above 3,000 feet. Remind me again a mountain in New Jersey that's 3,000 to 4,000 feet tall. Oh wait, they're only 1,000.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
You just literally described what most of New Jersey looks like.

Mahwah is the eastern side of the state, here's a picture of 50 miles due west of Mahwah on the western side of the state; notice it's still rural there too, and if you drove it, rural at all points in-between as well. Generally speaking, the farther west you go the more rural it gets, with the exception of outside of Philadelphia.

4bb9d63302002c55c464d1b89c370f68.jpg

I was apparently wrong when I thought most people in the northeast are aware New Jersey isn't a ****hole. It's a surprising degree of turbo-ignorance on steroids, but suffice-it-to-say lots of people here arent exactly well-traveled. Bonus points to the people who've literally said "I've been to Atlantic Ciy" or Newark etc.... thus I'm an expert on what most of the 9,000 square miles look like.

That picture is half Pa. :razz:

I thin k they have Thrushs in Jersey too . Tried to identify this guy taken at Barrs landing in Sandy Hook last year .
IMG_7359.jpg

abc

So you spent time in NJ in the 70s...which means you are at least in your 40s. Yet somehow you have the maturity of a teenager? That's pretty impressive!
Mental age of 15!

Many website have minimum age. But none have minimum MENTAL age, unfortunately.

BenedictGomez

Says the person who's been to New Hampshire a few times and thinks they are an expert on birds and bird habitat above 3,000 feet.

Expert? Absolutely not, but I have legitimately taken the time to read the actual research, which is far more than you have done.

And I do have s Biology degree concentrated in Vertebrate Zoology & took several ornithology classes, but hey, your keyboard warrior skills & poor mathematical aptitude gotta' count for something.

Any bets? ....Over under # of post before being banned.

On a normal board, it would already have happened, but we dont really have "modding" here. Can only recall a few non spam advertisement bans ever.

Last edited: