• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Starting to ski again after taking 20 years off...:-)

jcard71

Has anyone taken a lesson at Pats Peak? If so, was it good? Should I go somewhere else for a lesson in NH?

I'm a beginner after not skiing for a very long time...

Appreciate the tips

ERJ-145CA

I had 19 years off and when I came back to skiing in 2006 I took a couple lessons and it came back pretty quick. By the next season I felt I had surpassed my ability before I stopped skiing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Has anyone taken a lesson at Pats Peak? If so, was it good? Should I go somewhere else for a lesson in NH?

I'm a beginner after not skiing for a very long time...

Appreciate the tips

Not that I am experienced in coming back after a long lay off but before taking a lesson I would take a few runs to see where you think you are skill wise. That way you can let them know where you think you are an get an appropriate instructor for your skill level. Every ski area has good and not so good instructors.

ghughes20

I took 20 years off too, and got back in 10 years ago. After one day on skis, I figured I was about 80% of my previous ability.

The new equipment is much easier to progress quickly. After 5 - 10 times back on skis I was better than ever and still progressing. Lessons will certainly help. Confidence is key, and lessons help with that.

I'm 50 now and feel like I'm still getting better.

Gotta love life long sports and welcome back!!!

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Wow, I welcome this thread. Last skied, 38 years ago. Took up snowboarding in 2014. Tried skiing again yesterday and it was a bust. I could barely snowplow and was exhausted, "skating around". I grabbed my board and dumped the rentals. How long does it take to get back to skiing? I wasn't great but could ski...

Ol Dirty Noodle

Learned to ski over a weekend at Wyndham and Bellayre when I was 13, next time I skied I was 29 and it was at Smuggs in late March 2017, just like riding a bike, now I’m a full on mogul/tree and even freestyle skier, lessons will help but the most important thing is getting the runs in

ironhippy

I agree with the others. I skied a lot as a little kid, basically took from age 9 until 31 off and then picked it up again.

Halfway down my first run i felt like I had it back.
I'm sure I'd be better off if I took some lessons, but I never bothered.