• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

UVM student found dead in extreme cold

legalskier

'Gage is thought to have tried cutting through the parking lot, but couldn’t get around a fence, early Saturday morning, when the temperature hovered between a bitter -1 and -4 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature, and “clothing that was inadequate to the weather, '' are “believed to have contributed to [Gage’s] death.” '
https://www.thedailybeast.com/unive...d-from-exposure-to-extreme-cold-cops?ref=home

Unfortunately, news accounts like this have followed the cold snap as it moved across country this week.
R.I.P.

MommaBear

So sad. Saw a news story last night for MN showing college kids woefully under dressed for the weather waiting to get in a club and just being about town.

Glenn

What a sad story. Unfortunately, it doesn't take long for things to get dire when it's that cold out.

Ol Dirty Noodle

This was a problem in Russia like 10 years ago, girl I met here from over there told me during the heating oil shortage the heat would get cut off in all public places at 11pm, people would stay out drinking and then freeze to death walking home.