• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodge Food Prices

BenedictGomez

Does anyone have opinions on the various options available at Snowbird?

I've only been there twice, but each time I found the on-mountain food there to be "ski area reasonable" in terms of pricing. If it's a clear day the views from the Summit Tram restaurant shouldnt be missed. I've also eaten at mid-Gad, which had zero crowds and the same'ish decent food.

heiusa

It used to bother me the high price of food at the base lodges, I even used to bring my own food, I had to buy food for 5 skiers. But I now realize that they need to make money on the food and if we all stop buying the food, it will just result in higher ticket prices or reduced services. We all want new lifts, snow making, grooming, etc., then the mountain needs to be profitable. I do expect the food to be good though if I am going to pay a premium for the food. I do find the food to be very good at the peak lodge at K.

tnt1234

You guys should try going to colorado with your vegetarian daughter who has to buy two entrees every lunch because of the lack of protein fill veggie options requiring her to buy everything they got....those were some fun lunch bills!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It used to bother me the high price of food at the base lodges, I even used to bring my own food, I had to buy food for 5 skiers. But I now realize that they need to make money on the food and if we all stop buying the food, it will just result in higher ticket prices or reduced services. We all want new lifts, snow making, grooming, etc., then the mountain needs to be profitable. I do expect the food to be good though if I am going to pay a premium for the food. I do find the food to be very good at the peak lodge at K.

So with walk-up day tickets over the $100 mark, rental packages going for $50 a day (the equipment is paid off for the resort in 3-4 uses), and kids lessons running $150-$200 a day (with 4...5...6 students) with an instructor seeing maybe $100 of that... you really believe the mountains are making money off of $12 cheeseburgers?

F&B is chump change. And it's expensive because these resorts have one meal time a day to make their money, there's large waste, and many many other factors that DHS can go into...

You guys should try going to colorado with your vegetarian daughter who has to buy two entrees every lunch because of the lack of protein fill veggie options requiring her to buy everything they got....those were some fun lunch bills!

If you just need a little extra protein there are some inexpensive options. :smile:

DB06E0CF-CBCC-440D-91E4-C2C7B316ED2E.jpg

Riverskier

I ski 90% at Sunday River, and never buy food, only overpriced beer at the bar, so no idea on food pricing. I am teaching my young daughter to ski though, and we went to Mt. Abram last weekend. For convenience, I bought lunch: a cheeseburger for me, a hot dog for her, and fries to share for $13. It seemed a bit steep for the quality, but certainly reasonable. I didn't realize until reading this thread that I actually got the best deal in ski country!

machski

I ski 90% at Sunday River, and never buy food, only overpriced beer at the bar, so no idea on food pricing. I am teaching my young daughter to ski though, and we went to Mt. Abram last weekend. For convenience, I bought lunch: a cheeseburger for me, a hot dog for her, and fries to share for $13. It seemed a bit steep for the quality, but certainly reasonable. I didn't realize until reading this thread that I actually got the best deal in ski country!
If you are a pass holder at SR, hope you are buying that overpriced beer with dinning cards. 20% discount if you do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Keelhauled

Cheap food in two easy steps:

1) Become Vail Resorts employee

2) Burger and fries for $5 and a non-negligible part of your soul

Glenn

If they sold cheese and a bun, I bet you could have gotten that total up to $15 Gary. :lol: