• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodge Food Prices

Glenn

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to prices in the lodge. We may grab a beverage and an app at the end of the day here and there at a bar on the mountain, but never eat in the lodge for lunch. Yesterday, I looked at the monitor and a cheeseburger was $14.95. Lodge price...not sit-down restaurant on the mountain price. I felt a bit out of touch.

Zand

Where the hell was this?

He's a stratton skier so guess that explains those prices.

At Jay right now and paid $13 for a burger fries and large drink. Told the cashier that it was double for a slice of pizza and a bottle of water in Colorado and she was like holy shit lol.

mister moose

Deluxe burger at the Peak Lodge at Killington is over $20, a double burger with some topping or other, but still.... $20....

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Deluxe burger at the Peak Lodge at Killington is over $20, a double burger with some topping or other, but still.... $20....

The Peak Lodge at Killington has the most insane pricing for food I have ever seen in a casual setting. The majority of menu items are around $20. Burger, sandwich, etc. But people eat it up...it's crazy busy up there 11am onward any day of the week. I will actually go up there and buy a side order of fries from time-to-time. Decent quality and big portion for $6. Not on the menu, just have to ask for it.

Menu: read and weep... https://cms.killington.com/sites/killington/files/2019-01/W18-19_Peak_8.5x11.pdf

cdskier

I honestly have no idea what Sugarbush even charges in their cafeterias. When I eat on mountain, I eat at one of the bars (i.e. Castlerock or Wunderbar). A burger at Castlerock is $14-16 depending on which one you pick. That's in line with pretty much most other burgers in the valley off the mountain, so I'm fine with that.

Glenn

Yes, this was Stratton.

I suppose what really gave me pause was the day before, we grabbed a cheeseburger and a soda at the McDonald's in Bratt while we were out running errands...$2.41.

BenedictGomez

The worst I've seen recently was ironically at Magic Mountain. I say ironic, because usually mom & pop ski resorts arent crazy with food pricing.

Two grab-n-go egg muffins & one small Gatorade cost near $20. Wont be doing that (ever) again.

Pez

Last year Ski Butternut had a good cup of chili for 5 bucks. I just grab a a couple extra packages of crackers and I’m good to go.

Mount Snow had a bigger cup of chili and that was 10. A little to much for 1 person at least for me at lunch.

And the killington peak lodge is charging for the experience of eating on top of the mountain. My dad and I did that on a ski trip in 2015. It was great to eat at the top of the hill with him. He had stopped skiing 20 years previously and just got a free ride up the gondola.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

machski

Yes, but almost all the peak grill menu items come with a deluxe side as well and are a full meal. And it is by no means a typical cafe burger, everything I have ordered from up there has been great, restaurant style and quality. If you want a cheap burger, head down hill to KBL.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

mfi

Plain old baked potato at Jackson Hole...wait for it.....$12.00 want to add something to it..another $5.00...
I present the $17.00 loaded baked potato winner winner..chicken dinner

2Planker

Burger at Deer Valley....25$

That was the best benifit of working as a Patroller, 50% discount on food. Brought the prices almost back down to normal.
Food still sucked, but at least it was affordable... Ha Ha