Stratton 2/3/2019

AlpineZone

Stratton 2/3/2019

Rolled up around 11AM? It was a bit busier than we thought it would be given it was Superbowl Sunday. It was actually less crowded last weekend.

Conditions weren't bad. Some trails had some packed powder over a firm base. The steeps had some scratch spots. The top of the mountain was in a cloud and really windy. Visibility wasn't the best. We skied around most of the mountain. Lines weren't bad and most lifts were ski on around lunch time. The clouds lifted for a bit and the sun poked out, so that was a nice change. Overall, a decent day on the hill. A little nervous for what happens midweek this week. May give them time to recover before heading back.
    SoVT

Glades were skiing great. Love Stratton glades. Hate the lift layout. When will we get Kidderbrook back

good thing you were there on 2/3, 2/2 was so crowded. think there was a race going on or something.
    gladerider

We've found Saturdays are pretty busy in SoVT. We try to ski Sunday, starting late morning. It's a bit more driving (since we head home), but the crowds are more tolerable.
    SoVT

I've discussed the Kidderbrook lift with the president a few years ago and he did say they are looking at how to eliminate the run-out after the Ravine and Test Pilot.

With the new SnowBowl lift, I doubt they will add another. I expect URSA to be a little less crowded now that the Snow Bowl side is moving better.

That runout is tough if the snow is slow or it's busy over there.

SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    I've discussed the Kidderbrook lift with the president a few years ago and he did say they are looking at how to eliminate the run-out after the Ravine and Test Pilot.

With the new SnowBowl lift, I doubt they will add another. I expect URSA to be a little less crowded now that the Snow Bowl side is moving better.
    Get rid of the useless Shooting Star and put a lift back where the Kidderbrook Quad was is the solution lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Get rid of the useless Shooting Star and put a lift back where the Kidderbrook Quad was is the solution lol.
    I’ve always wondered if the terminals and drive from the shooter could be moved over to the kidderbrook line. Splice a longer haul rope, buy some chairs and it would be perfect.

Thread Information