• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Feb thaw freeze

mfi

Highs in the 40"s..rain on Friday then single digits that night...and it was going so well :cry:
WTF is up with February??

Jully

Way better than every other February the past few years though. The cold clearly returns shortly after. Doesn't make it suck less though.

slatham

Thus far it looks like the continuation of the roller coaster we've been having all year. The better side should show itself next week. This I can deal with. The disasters that unfolded the past 2 Februaries I'd like to avoid!

And not for nothing the weather Thur/Fri is not a done deal......

tnt1234

Glad I skied last saturday.

But remember, N.Vt did ok after the last thaw, so maybe this won't be that bad....

Seems like I'll be taking this weekend off though, unless a friend wants to go to the pokes for the hell of it.

Glenn

Crazy. Seems this has been a regular feature the last few Februarys. The optimist in me hopes we are getting this out of the way early.

Zand

Things will go to shit later in the week with the freeze but the woods were total cream cheese at Jay today. Perfect conditions to ski hard and have fun.

WWF-VT

WTF....skied in fresh snow and temps in the teens this weekend at Sugarbush and came home to sun and 62 degrees today in the Boston suburbs

John9

This looks very minor compared to last February, I lost 3 weeks, then March saved the season.

KustyTheKlown

yea, bummer. i skipped this past weekend to see some music and friends, and its looking like this coming weekend is out due to weather and conditions.

i go to banff and revelstoke on 2/16, so if my february is nothing but 7 days in BC, i will survive.

i was supposed to stowe/sugarbush this weekend, i'll probably just do a stratton day trip to keep my ski legs in order and not miss 2 weeks. icy groomers. fun

machski

Just looked at Jay Peak mountain forecast..46 friday..negative 4 Saturday...oy...vey...
I would say this is a weekend to avoid Jay at all costs. Their inability to recover from these weather swings will be on full display. If you do go, bring your beach towel and suit or hockey skates and hit wither diversion they have.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

freeskierinvt

How does Whiteface recover from thaw/freeze cycles? Heading there for the first time this weekend but hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiur

How does Whiteface recover from thaw/freeze cycles? Heading there for the first time this weekend but hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

They dont call it iceface for nothing!