'19-'20 who's part of what Pass thread - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Windham boring?

I'm not a hater, and I get there maybe once every 3 years, I just personally find it too wide-open-cruisery in a homogeneous way.
    I agree. I’d much rather go to Platty or Belleayre as I think both offer more challenge and variety. Hunter does as well, but I could only deal with going there midweek.

Overall windham is my least favorite of the Catskills.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

def prefer platty and bell. but I’ll take windham over hunter every time

Mountain Creek was dropping hints that their regulars might want to get an Epic product before the 1st cut off deadline on their social media today.....

Given their new this year owner's big ties to the overall ski industry in general, wouldn't be surprised if Mountain Creek is on the Epic next year, and the NYC metro crew has an extra reason to go to other Epic resorts next season.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Mountain Creek was dropping hints that their regulars might want to get an Epic product before the 1st cut off deadline on their social media today.....

Given their new this year owner's big ties to the overall ski industry in general, wouldn't be surprised if Mountain Creek is on the Epic next year, and the NYC metro crew has an extra reason to go to other Epic resorts next season.....
    Meh, born & raised in New Jersey, live in New Jersey, and I've never been to Mountain Creek. I think it's a very local mountain.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Meh, born & raised in New Jersey, live in New Jersey, and I've never been to Mountain Creek. I think it's a very local mountain.
    Mountain Creek not epic.

A day-late-and-a-dollar short IMHO.

Vail should buy Brighton or do something more Wasatch meaningful. You need to jump in a rental car to hit Snowbasin. Better than nothing, but the Front/Back is where the real ski $$$$$ in Utah is.
    I highly doubt that Boyne would let Vail grab Brighton. It is a cash cow for Boyne and a real dark horse. They have a good local following, good infrastructure, great snow, and no real big debt to speak of. If anything, the last couple years have seen Boyne doing more marketing and promotions for Brighton. They now have a lot more of a summer presence up there with Milly Chalet open for weekend food and the store (that they own) open longer hours. They have tried a few events and are slowly building up.

If Boyne was looking to unload in order to pay down the HUGE investments that they have been making to Big Sky, I would imagine that Alterra would be more interested since it sits right next door to Solitude and is just over the ridge from Deer Valley. That raises the interesting question as to if this would be a monopoly having Alterra own both BCC resorts. That said, Boyne was very serious about buying Solitude before Deer Valley did, but they could not get the cash.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

There’s some interesting rumors floating around regarding PA resorts... Camelback going IKON and Blue going Epic with both being announced within a few weeks. Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by mikes View Post
    There’s some interesting rumors floating around regarding PA resorts... Camelback going IKON and Blue going Epic with both being announced within a few weeks. Time will tell...
    Makes sense. IIRC neither Alterra or Vail have much a presence in the Mid-Atlantic area.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by mikes View Post
    Yep. Have read that KSL Capitol will announce the purchase of Camelback Pa soon. Makes sense considering they already own ski resorts (Alterra / IKON) and indoor water-park hotels .. Camelback has both.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    Yep. Have read that KSL Capitol will announce the purchase of Camelback Pa soon. Makes sense considering they already own ski resorts (Alterra / IKON) and indoor water-park hotels .. Camelback has both.
    I wonder if KSL is kicking the tires on Jay Peak if they own waterparks and ski areas. I only knew that they owned Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information