'19-'20 who's part of what Pass thread - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I wonder if KSL is kicking the tires on Jay Peak if they own waterparks and ski areas. I only knew that they owned Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows.
    Isn't KSL = alterra?

I wonder if KSL is kicking the tires on Jay Peak if they own waterparks and ski areas. I only knew that they owned Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows.
    Gotta think that all the players (known for sure and maybe a relatively unknown player or 2) are kicking the tires on Jay.

Just likely will come down to the combo of is Jay and Burke a package deal or not, what the price vs EBITA can be negotiated too and how much they want to buy it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Greek peak is on the Freedom Pass now.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Windham boring?

I'm not a hater, and I get there maybe once every 3 years, I just personally find it too wide-open-cruisery in a homogeneous way.
    No. I know someone with a pass their and used to have a pass their. Both agree, its lame. I found the same thing when I skied the main quad for a day and the snow-making was wet.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Gotta think that all the players (known for sure and maybe a relatively unknown player or 2) are kicking the tires on Jay.

Just likely will come down to the combo of is Jay and Burke a package deal or not, what the price vs EBITA can be negotiated too and how much they want to buy it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    At last check, Burke was on hold from sale because they were behind on the job creation requirement and honestly behind on building up business. No word at all about any deal on Jay, but it is on the market.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Isn't KSL = alterra?
    Good question. Alterra = Crown (Aspen) + KSL. I think that each has kept their own identities for their respective mountains, but I could be wrong. Crown still owns Aspen/Snowmass and runs it separately. KSL was Squaw/Alpine Meadows. Alterra is the "synergy" of the two groups...to use a new age term.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

If Boyne was looking to unload in order to pay down the HUGE investments that they have been making to Big Sky, I would imagine that Alterra would be more interested since it sits right next door to Solitude and is just over the ridge from Deer Valley.
    Definitely. It makes sense for both, but far more for Alterra. The potential plans show 2 lifts needed to connect Deer Valley with Brighton. I hiked in there this summer, and it's beautiful land with several natural ponds. IIRC, some of the land is private and would also need to be acquired I think.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Camelback just posted, then deleted, an article on Facebook that was all about Vail.

It makes me wonder if they're going to be added to EPIC?

The article was somewhat insipid & all about Global Warming & virtue-signaling how wonderful Vail is in leading the ski resort charge against Climate Change, so it's possible they deleted it thinking it was political in nature, but I thought it odd Camelback posted an article about Vail in the first place given there's no current relationship.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Camelback just posted, then deleted, an article on Facebook that was all about Vail.

It makes me wonder if they're going to be added to EPIC?

The article was somewhat insipid & all about Global Warming & virtue-signaling how wonderful Vail is in leading the ski resort charge against Climate Change, so it's possible they deleted it thinking it was political in nature, but I thought it odd Camelback posted an article about Vail in the first place given there's no current relationship.
    There is a rumor that Blue Mt. might be purchased by Vail. Some Vail people evidently visited this past winter.

Thread Information