• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'19-'20 who's part of what Pass thread

abc

No point in moaning the death of MAX. It's over, dead, gone. It was good when it last though. I was on it last season. Fantastic lineups. But it's no more.

Ikon isn't the same. It has some advantages but also serious drawbacks.
I didn't really understand the "hardcore" Eastern skier appeal to Ikon given Stratton is the only place that's unlimited.
You don't understand the appeal because there's none. The Ikon eastern options sucks.

I made the best lemonade from the eastern part of that lemon, by driving up to Sugarbush. I may even try Sugarloaf later in the season. But the closest mountain for me is Stratton, which is too far for a day trip and not great terrain. So even though I have access to free lodging, I don't go there that often. Unlimited is of not much use for me.

But the western part of the lemon (the lemon flower) is super sweet!!! I have 2 more trips planned out west. That's after 3 weeks in Colorado: Aspen, Copper, Steamboat. 8-9 days of powder 5+".

If I "had to" do it again next year? Twist my arm, I will! :)

Epic? It's no better in terms of access. So I'll probably pass.

crazy

I don't think Vail is too worried about Utah with Snowbasin going Epic and PC remaining a monster, but if it wanted more snow it could expand into the area in between Jupiter and Cloud Dine, as that area gets much of the snow Brighton receives.

I don't think Vail owns the land you're talking about, otherwise they would have expanded. They already had to close a couple of trails at Park City this year because a private landowner decided to not let Vail use their land.

BenedictGomez

I don't think Vail owns the land you're talking about, otherwise they would have expanded. They already had to close a couple of trails at Park City this year because a private landowner decided to not let Vail use their land.

I've seen posts where people hike to and ski this anyway, so I'm assuming you can easily get back to resort property from it. Scott's Bowl I think is one spot/

dlague

We are thinking through our options.

We like the Epic Local Pass because of Breck, Keystone and A Basin with Crested Butte as an added weekend trip. We hit Beaver Creek and Vail a few times too.

We considered the Ikon Pass with Copper as our closest option but Winter Park and Steamboat are a little too far. Aspen is way too far and would require lodging.

Alternatively, we are looking at a Loveland pass with the Veterans Pass at A Basin for $99. The Loveland pass comes with a bunch of 3 free days at many other resorts.

The there is the Keystone / A Basin pass for $350ish.

In the end we more than likely do Epic Local.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

skitheeast45

That is correct, Vail does not own much of the land. The group that owns the land in this particular area is the same group that owns The Colony real estate project, who already lease Vail a lot of land. They would be more than happy to include additional land provided Vail construct more lifts and trails to allow for more houses to be constructed. In fact, they already have plans for more development should Vail choose to expand into that area.

The area that PC was forced to close earlier this year was West Scott's Bowl, which is owned by a private firm and the plot of land is primarily located in BCC. Fun fact, Alterra actually owns most of the Jupiter area.

FBGM

Epic pass is almost as bad of an option as that stupid Peak Resorts Pass. Both are like lighting money on fire. Only a NJ Jong thinks Epic is good and Vail Resorts are fun.

Zermatt

Does anybody recall what early season pricing on Bromley passes was this season (adults and kids 8-10yo)?

We may have access to a house there next season and trying to budget out the costs.

pauldotcom

Epic is in my sights also. I’m interested to see what happens with Haystack.. Would love to see Vail buy up this impressive property and make it Epic. I’m also monitoring Killington - that would be a game changer.

drjeff

Mount Snow/Peak will be announcing pricing on March 6th for next year per the GM of Mount Snow at the passholders meeting today....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

Obvious troll account is so very obvious.

At least I thought it was, but apparently not.
Even a troll acct can make up names of resorts.

PSA... please do not quote his posts. I have him on ignore and it works well unless someone quotes him then I have to read his bullshit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kingslug

If you want to see the impact of the Ikon pass at Alta..go to the Liftlines ski forum..
I guess my dream of moving to utah some day and skiing Alra..might be shot..

thebigo

Mount Snow/Peak will be announcing pricing on March 6th for next year per the GM of Mount Snow at the passholders meeting today....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Any mention of changes to the structure? Wondering if the ranger pass may be blacked out next year at the crotch, crowds up significantly on holidays this year.