'19-'20 who's part of what Pass thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

'19-'20 who's part of what Pass thread

Just announced that Snowbasin, UT and Sun Valley will be part of the Epic Pass next season

We should also be starting to get some pricing numbers in the next few weeks based on historical pricing releases....

'07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Wonder what that means for Mountain Collective. I was sort of hoping they'd go Ikon. Snowbasin especially is on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Snowbasin especially is on my short list.
    I'll be hitting Snowbasin next month for the first time!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Wonder what that means for Mountain Collective. I was sort of hoping they'd go Ikon. Snowbasin especially is on my short list.
    I would have preferred that too, but makes sense Vail got in fast and added them into Epic. They were being out gunned in Utah by Ikon as it currently stood.

I don't see smaller areas like Wachusett being added to either pass unless the parent buys the property out right. As an independent partner resort, the economics don't make sense to revenue share with the smaller areas, unless they are owned.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I would have preferred that too, but makes sense Vail got in fast and added them into Epic. They were being out gunned in Utah by Ikon as it currently stood.

I don't see smaller areas like Wachusett being added to either pass unless the parent buys the property out right. As an independent partner resort, the economics don't make sense to revenue share with the smaller areas, unless they are owned.

Heck, with the successful operation year in and year out that Wachusett runs, it would either take the Crowley's agreeing to a full buy out of the area by one of the big(ger) operators, or some major shift in the operations of Polar Beverages for them to want to profit share with one multi-resort operators I'm guessing.

Wachusett has quite it's own niche with the combo of it's location, it's STRONG afterschool program and adult night race league, and a decent enough weekend program that appeals to SE New England with enough interest to keep them coming in large numbers week in and week out as well as year in and year out. Why would they want to dilute some of that business, when in reality they're aren't too many other players in their region that can offer up anything remotely close to what they do for a good chunk of the population base that's within an hour of them (especially if you talk South and East of their location?
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Heck, with the successful operation year in and year out that Wachusett runs, it would either take the Crowley's agreeing to a full buy out of the area by one of the big(ger) operators, or some major shift in the operations of Polar Beverages for them to want to profit share with one multi-resort operators I'm guessing.

Wachusett has quite it's own niche with the combo of it's location, it's STRONG afterschool program and adult night race league, and a decent enough weekend program that appeals to SE New England with enough interest to keep them coming in large numbers week in and week out as well as year in and year out. Why would they want to dilute some of that business, when in reality they're aren't too many other players in their region that can offer up anything remotely close to what they do for a good chunk of the population base that's within an hour of them (especially if you talk South and East of their location?
    Wachusett was on the Max Pass for two years being an independent mountain. So they were interested in being on multi mountain passes previously. I do not think Vail or Alterra is going to buy Wachusett, but I could see them making a deal to be on either the Ikon or Epic Passes.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
    Wachusett was on the Max Pass for two years being an independent mountain. So they were interested in being on multi mountain passes previously. I do not think Vail or Alterra is going to buy Wachusett, but I could see them making a deal to be on either the Ikon or Epic Passes.
    True on the Max Pass, so they are willing to revenue share. I just don't think either pass is looking to add a non-owned area like Wachusett to their mixes. Look at the current offerings, the only smallish areas on either pass are out right owned by the pass parent. Regardless of what Wachusett may or may not want, not their call.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    A day-late-and-a-dollar short IMHO.

Vail should buy Brighton or do something more Wasatch meaningful. You need to jump in a rental car to hit Snowbasin. Better than nothing, but the Front/Back is where the real ski $$$$$ in Utah is.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    A day-late-and-a-dollar short IMHO.

Vail should buy Brighton or do something more Wasatch meaningful. You need to jump in a rental car to hit Snowbasin. Better than nothing, but the Front/Back is where the real ski $$$$$ in Utah is.
    So you assume they could get an interconnect to Brighton approved with that thought, correct? Otherwise, it is still by car. And from Park City, Snowbasin is an easier drive than Brighton as is IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Really? Are Brighton skiers the "big spender" Vail is after?

Thread Information