Cool Ski Rack

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool Ski Rack

Hybrid View

Cool Ski Rack

Just got my ski racks from this place: https://rockerskirack.com/

Very well made. Got the mountain one for VT , the regular one for the garage.
    Yes they cost a bit more but are hand made. You could also just buy the hardware and mount them on something yourself.

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Just got my ski racks from this place: https://rockerskirack.com/

Very well made. Got the mountain one for VT , the regular one for the garage.
    Yes they cost a bit more but are hand made. You could also just buy the hardware and mount them on something yourself.
    Yea that’s kinda ridiculous that you’re paying almost $100 for the wood it comes on

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Noodle View Post
    Yea that’s kinda ridiculous that you’re paying almost $100 for the wood it comes on
    Kinda? The 4 pack one is $140 more!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Looks like something I could make with a table saw, a drill, and a hammer for $30. The mountain one would require a jig saw as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Looks like something I could make with a table saw, a drill, and a hammer for $30.

Yeah, the cost of the hardware and $2 in wood from Home Depot. The hardware does look pretty slick though. I'd give the wood a nice walnut stain and then a poly coat rather than leaving it unfinished. I might just do that someday and make one to hang 6 pairs of skis. Right now my skis all sit in a "ski tepee" in the basement.

My wife and I can always make dinner at home for cheaper than eating out. But sometimes, we just don't feel like cooking.

In this case, if you don't have the tools, that's another factor.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    My wife and I can always make dinner at home for cheaper than eating out. But sometimes, we just don't feel like cooking.

In this case, if you don't have the tools, that's another factor.
    Tools? You mean a drill? Honestly for what they’re charging you can buy a cheap drill and saw from harbor freight and a precut to size piece of wood from HD, I get someone’s gotta eat but this markup is ridiculous for what quite frankly apart from the hardware is tantamount to a middle school woodshop project.
    You’ll have to forgive me but I’m in construction and also an avid auto mechanic and DIYer in general. No matter how rich or lazy I was I’m still looking at it going “ I could do it 100x better for a 1/5 of the cost”. And as far as time if that took you anymore than 30 min to slap together you’ve got bigger problems in life.

Tools? You mean a drill?
    I literally LOL at work!

as far as time if that took you anymore than 30 min to slap together you’ve got bigger problems in life.
    LOL. However, if you go with 3 coats of stain and 2 coats of poly like I'd do it, it's going to take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I literally LOL at work!

LOL. However, if you go with 3 coats of stain and 2 coats of poly like I'd do it, it's going to take longer!
    True, I was just talking actual construction time

Ah well.....
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information