K2 112 Kids Missing from Mount Snow - Advice or Assistance Welcomed - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    Mount Snow is now infiltrated with thugs. Sorry, but it’s true. This will be my last year as a pass holder. This is what happens when you sell passes to young folks for $299. They cater to these folks, not families.
    Can't argue with this.... While most of this demographic is great, there are certainly some "bad apples" who create a bunch of issues!!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

'07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

'18 - '19 season
    November: 17.18,23,25 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,15,16,22,23,26,29,20 (Mount Snow) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 5 (Bromley) 6,12,19,20,21,26 (Mount Snow) 13 (Stratton) 27 (Wachusett)
    February: 2 (Bromley) 3 (Jiminy Peak) 9,10,16,17 (Mount Snow) 18 (Magic)

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Blame it on methheads?

I heard quite a few similar comments on other mountains too. What used to be safe low key family mountains suddenly having gears disappearing frequently. When they were caught, they’re often drug addicts. Has nothing to do with the discount college pass.
    This has been an issue at Okemo for a very long time. Not just the ski area, but the local ski shops in Ludlow. Busts were reported regularly in the Black River Times all throughout the 80s and 90s about larceny and it was almost always by young men from Springfield VT who had drug arrest records. I haven't had ties to the area since 2001, but I assume it's still the same.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Hopefully the OP reported the theft to Mount Snow. Good to give the mountain the info so they may gauge how big the incident it (i.e. isolated or part of a bad theft day).

And yes, the thread title isnt as it sounds. lol
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Hope they are recovered! Maybe it was an accidental mixup. I would think kids skis wouldn't be prime targets for someone to steal. But who knows?
    SoVT

Did they find all those kids yet???!!!!

Haha - fortunately no missing kids, only kids skis!! My bad on the post title (done early morning after some local IPAs)...

So the skis have not been located but a credit to the staff at Mount Snow for providing free rentals, that made this sting a little less.

I will definitely be purchasing several locks before our next trip. Thx to all for responses and suggestions. In the meantime please keep an eye out for large groups of kids at ski areas so no more go missing - haha

What size skis? Maybe I have some you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    Mount Snow is now infiltrated with thugs. Sorry, but it’s true. This will be my last year as a pass holder. This is what happens when you sell passes to young folks for $299. They cater to these folks, not families.
    I seriously doubt the theft was made by a season pass holder, even pass holders in their twenties with scary baggy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm55 View Post
    Haha - fortunately no missing kids, only kids skis!! My bad on the post title (done early morning after some local IPAs)...
    Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. Bonus points for early morning drinking.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. Bonus points for early morning drinking.
    Pauldotcom - sincere thanks for the generous offer, think we may have access to others via my family but appreciate the offer.

I believe the skis were likely taken accidentally at the end of the day (as a father of 2 I know how chaotic end of day can be) but skis had unique stickers on them and poles as well. Thankful these are not high dollar skis but all of our stuff will def be getting locked up from here on out. Will also provide peace of mi d during extended apres

Thread Information