K2 112 Kids Missing from Mount Snow - Advice or Assistance Welcomed

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry K2 112 Kids Missing from Mount Snow - Advice or Assistance Welcomed

Morning all. After a surprisingly decent day of skiing at Mount Snow (post the rain) we discovered that somebody had taken my son's 112 length red & white K2s and black Scott poles. The skiis had a Monster Energy and Vineyard Vines Sticker on them.

I am hopeful that in the chaos of leaving the mountain another family may have taken the skiis and poles inadvertently. If so and in the off chance you are reading this post please please return to guest services AND confirm via this thread. I am not looking forward to the rental scene...

I love this Forum and always appreciate hearing insights from others who also ski. That said, given recent posts about skiis being stolen at major resorts I would be curious to hear any tips on how to proactively avoid being a victim. Keep up the great work Alpine Zone!

I would keep checking with guest services, unlikely there is anyone on here who would have taken them. I lock all our stuff up whenever we are going in, moreso to keep stuff organized than theft but it helps for that too. Something like this (actually this exact one) https://www.backcountry.com/dakine-m...MaAj3XEALw_wcB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

When I first glanced at the thread title I thought 112 kids were missing from Mt Snow.

As Pboggie suggest just keep checking with guest services. Not much else you can do.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thank you both for replies. Def buying locks for the family!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    When I first glanced at the thread title I thought 112 kids were missing from Mt Snow.
    Same!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    Same!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    LOL me too.

My skis are so blatantly promotional I doubt anyone would take them. Plus they are mounted with tele, so nobody wants them.

Seriously I find it hard to believe people steal skis very much. This was probably a parent with a bunch of kids who are on new rental skis every year and not sure exactly what they all look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    LOL me too.

Seriously I find it hard to believe people steal skis very much. This was probably a parent with a bunch of kids who are on new rental skis every year and not sure exactly what they all look like.

I've had friends have stuff stolen from mount snow, on a busy weekend. Not an honest mistake either, pretty unique and custom gear that you'd know right away if it were truly a mistake. Stuff being stolen happens a lot at many areas, gotta lock stuff up or put it in your car if you're going to leave your gear unattended

Mount Snow is now infiltrated with thugs. Sorry, but it’s true. This will be my last year as a pass holder. This is what happens when you sell passes to young folks for $299. They cater to these folks, not families.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    Mount Snow is now infiltrated with thugs. Sorry, but it’s true. This will be my last year as a pass holder. This is what happens when you sell passes to young folks for $299. They cater to these folks, not families.
    Blame it on methheads?

I heard quite a few similar comments on other mountains too. What used to be safe low key family mountains suddenly having gears disappearing frequently. When they were caught, they’re often drug addicts. Has nothing to do with the discount college pass.

Thread Information