MRG..great condition reporting..as it should be

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MRG..great condition reporting..as it should be

This is what a condition report should be like..for any ski area. No BS, tells it like it is: https://www.madriverglen.com/conditions/

And yes SB does a great job as well.: https://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/snow-report/

You reading this Stowe?????

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Agreed. This is what it should be. People doing business honestly will get more business in the long run. Personally I found boyne resorts to be some of the worst. In bad weather day I would read their weather report to see how they spin things. Can often get a laugh from their creativity

Not sure I'd agree on SB. Their text seems ok but their list of open trails makes one think it would be a decent day when most of the ungroomed you wouldn't even want to try. Sorry, SB gets a thumbs down from me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

MRG has always been very good with information for their clientele. Their market is the very passionate and informed skier.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I have nothing but respect for MRG and Magic's conditions reports. Very honest.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Not sure I'd agree on SB. Their text seems ok but their list of open trails makes one think it would be a decent day when most of the ungroomed you wouldn't even want to try. Sorry, SB gets a thumbs down from me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Not sure I agree. I see what you're saying, but I appreciate that they open up trails in marginal conditions and let you make the call with whether you want to ski them or not. Usually you can tell by reading conditions reports, following forums like this one, and looking at the weather what the ungroomed trails will ski like. I would much rather have this than the opposite, where mountains are conservative about opening trails and only open them when conditions are perfect.

If you think snow report honestly's bad now, you should have seen it before teh iternetz.

The internet has been a major injection of truth serum to most areas snow reports, because the smart ones know it's moronic to lie in a world connected. There are some that still lie (Camelback is absurd), but I'd say most today are fairly honest.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Yes..but im mostly talking about a better narrative..Stowe for one has none..
    MRG gives you a very good idea of what to expect..even though most of us can figure that out for our selves..many might not.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I would think they don’t open a trail if it’s unsafe. Whether it’s pleasant or not is a different story.

So you would rather they just close all the ungroomed trails?

I remember calling our mountain for the recorded snow report. My how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Yes..but im mostly talking about a better narrative..Stowe for one has none..
    MRG gives you a very good idea of what to expect..even though most of us can figure that out for our selves..many might not.
    MRG is definitely one of the best. I actually think SB used to be better than they are now. They often try to put a little too positive spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Not sure I agree. I see what you're saying, but I appreciate that they open up trails in marginal conditions and let you make the call with whether you want to ski them or not. Usually you can tell by reading conditions reports, following forums like this one, and looking at the weather what the ungroomed trails will ski like. I would much rather have this than the opposite, where mountains are conservative about opening trails and only open them when conditions are perfect.
    Fully agree. I like the way Sugarbush handles opening/closing trails.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I would think they don’t open a trail if it’s unsafe. Whether it’s pleasant or not is a different story.

So you would rather they just close all the ungroomed trails?
    Correct. Some people happen to like rock hard bumps for some reason (not me). I'm perfectly fine with having that open for people that want to rattle their teeth a bit. I appreciate that they let people decide for themselves and are so aggressive with opening and keeping trails open. If something is actually closed at SB, there's good reason for it.

Thread Information