Most expensive lift tickets - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Looks like DC should start investing in some domes.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    What if the locals are buying ICON in big numbers?

If thousands of locals bought IKON passes, that, multiplied by 7, could be a huge skier visit number.
    I doubt it would change much.

The local are either NOT going to ski, or they ski in ... Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude!

Will they ski more because it's "one low price"? Possibly.

But if you look at Epic pass data (sorry I don't have the link, but I heard bits and piece of it as Vail collects all that info), there's a group who ski a lot. They always ski a lot of days anyway. There's a group that only ski so few days that they barely break even (or NOT break even!). They still only ski a few days!!!

Now, the population explosion of Utah, that's a completely different matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Recently spent $91 on a Killington lift ticket. I had not been in maybe 5 years because K is just not on my radar. It hurt to spend it but I had a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Sugarloaf was more two years ago. Hahahaha and that's a garbage dump

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    I'm in a similar situation with Squaw, so I'll be praying right along with you. I know they'll be on sale by the time I'm out there, just don't know if they'll include the end of 18/19 on the pass. Would be more confident if last year wasn't the first year of Ikon.
    Ikon details released for next season.

If you’re going to Squaw Apr 8th or later looks like you’re in luck.

Steamboat appears to not be offering spring benefits so I am well and truly screwed on lift ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Ikon details released for next season.

If you’re going to Squaw Apr 8th or later looks like you’re in luck.

Steamboat appears to not be offering spring benefits so I am well and truly screwed on lift ticket prices.
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy that my gamble paid off. Now if they would just keep June open an extra week (and count that as Mammoth on the pass).

Any chance you can more part, or all, of your trip to Winter Park?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy that my gamble paid off. Now if they would just keep June open an extra week (and count that as Mammoth on the pass).

Any chance you can more part, or all, of your trip to Winter Park?
    No, we’re committed to Steamboat. There’s 6 of us and we’ve rented a place and I very much want to explore it.

If I ski 5 days for the week I’m there, I’ll drop over $800 for myself. The good news is my wife gets industry discounts, the direct flights there were less than $600 roundtrip for the two of us, and we’re splitting any rental car costs with others. I’ll just have to rationalize the hell out of this one.

I’ve tried Craigslist and eBay but no luck. Maybe I’ll come up with something.

Thread Information