• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looks like a good one coming

The Sneak

Man
I’m supposed to hit Berkshire East sat and Magic Monday next week :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

Man
I’m supposed to hit Berkshire East sat and Magic Monday next week :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an FYI, Magic is scheduled to have a race next Monday on Talisman, so the 140 or so kids, plus some coaches and parents will be riding the Red. Same thing goes for the following Sunday, the 24th

kingslug

Scrub Hunter..CT drivers are terrible enough..bad feeling about driving back. That sneak storm in November caused total havoc on CT roads.

Glenn

Scrub Hunter..CT drivers are terrible enough..bad feeling about driving back. That sneak storm in November caused total havoc on CT roads.

We had a very heavy squall line roll through a few weeks back. I thought it was going to be a mess on the roads. When the snow rolled in, everyone slowed down, stayed far apart and didn't make any sudden lane changes. Despite the near whiteout conditions, it was a rare relaxing moment on 91 during the evening rush.

BenedictGomez

I assumed I wouldn't be skiing this PDW, but at least there's hope now for those of us that normally ski very far north (everyone else still looks 100% S.O.L.). Need to see if the dropping temps are a trend or not. Also getting a little worried at the tightening isobars on the GFS, but at least it's something worth monitoring now, 48 hours ago this weekend looked completely hopeless. #KeepHopeAlive

EDIT: Though the 12z Canuck just came in quite a bit warmer = not good, though at least Sunday would be salvaged.

Last edited:

tnt1234

GFS has rain to snow for all of VT. Might not be terrible...? Maybe??

really trying to avoid having to drive to stowe to get some good skiing in.