• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looks like a good one coming

benski

Yeah. It looks sweet. But Binghamton might be a little too warm so we were excluded from the winter storm watch. That could hurt my ski friends ability to get out of classes.

tnt1234

Rather than talk about lift passes and blue boy. LOL
We have what looks to be a good size storm coming..

Yeah....wish I could get out mid week.

Trying to figure out what to do about the weekend. That storm looks wet.

But if the tuesday storm really hits, I wouldn't mind skiing in shower saturday. Just looks awfully warm. Could be a slush fest.

And yet, some forecasts have it turning back to snow, so maybe sunday is good????

G-d east coast weather...

kingslug

Oy..too early to tell..lets just think about midweek..not that i can ski it..but dont want to think about another bad weekend...cause im sitting here..not skiing now

tnt1234

Yeah, and you have two days to enjoy it. Then Saturday is a gully-washer.

That needs to change real soon, because we're running out of time.

Gully washer, or showers?

Forecasts seem to vary.

Keep delaying booking a room...this is agony.

BenedictGomez

but your the one who says its too early to tell 6 days out

No, I'm the one who says it's too early to tell much of anything 10 days out (or 3,804,732 days out which sometimes people here post). For snowfall totals, yes, even 6 days out is too early, but that's not the problem we're talking about here, it's temperature. And the models have a much better predictive time dealing with temperature than they do pcp, and right now they're not just marginally too warm, but way too warm. Need a change soon.

BenedictGomez

Gully washer, or showers?

Looks like a very long period of nothing but rain on both the GFS & Canadian models, dunno what the Euro has. GFS has some snow on Sunday which may either help a little, or may be dust-on-crust, which is, IMO even worse. Canuck doesn't have any Sunday snow.

crazy

It's too early to talk about snowfall totals...back to complaining about high ticket prices and Blue Boy. Speaking of, does Blue Boy still buzz people on pow days?

kingslug

Im going up there anyway..The wind looks to be insane though..nothing that some Heady Topper couldnt put a damper on though..

Glenn

I'm doing some weather math and trying to figure out what our net gain will be this week. Hoping for a gain of 5" of snow after the potential $-tastic event next weekend.

kingslug

Yup..but i guarantee it will be a shitshow drive back as the snow will still be coming down at night..although ive weathered almost every storm for the last 24 years with no problem..its the other guys with no snow tires that scare me.. 40k