• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12-2/13 Storm Speculation Thread

Glenn

Trending well for SoVT; Winter Storm Watch issued. Looking like 7-10" of snow throughout the area. Will have to keep an eye on the mixing.

slatham

Trending well for SoVT; Winter Storm Watch issued. Looking like 7-10" of snow throughout the area. Will have to keep an eye on the mixing.

Mix is a real risk. Very similar to MLK storm when there was some sleet in SoVT. Close call - might not be clear until day of.

Glenn

SoVT did OK with the MLK mixing. Enough snow fell early....mixing wasn't too bad. Hoping the same takes place. Sure things will come into focus as we get closer to the event.

Could be the first real "work week" storm this season in the flatlands. This should be fun. :lol:

Kleetus

Looking like for us weekend warriors this will all get ruined on Fri-Sat...seeing an inland runner Fri-Sat as of now with low going up over Michigan or WNY.

Can we get like a week between rain systems please? Its this kind of cycle that makes me question why I'm not living in CO or UT and even bother with being out this way (although I do believe it makes u a better skier)

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

I'm just seeing snow for Stowe on several reports...going up thursday night so at least I'll get Friday...then we shall see.

cdskier

All hope is not yet lost for the President's weekend (especially the further north you go). NWS Burlington is leaning more towards the Euro and Canadian models which have trended that system a bit colder than the GFS. So there's a chance now that Central VT and points north could stay snow for the weekend system. I won't be skiing this weekend, but I still like seeing that trend and possibility and hope it continues trending that way.

tnt1234

All hope is not yet lost for the President's weekend (especially the further north you go). NWS Burlington is leaning more towards the Euro and Canadian models which have trended that system a bit colder than the GFS. So there's a chance now that Central VT and points north could stay snow for the weekend system. I won't be skiing this weekend, but I still like seeing that trend and possibility and hope it continues trending that way.

Oh boy. Was hoping to get away with S.Vt.

Looks like I better set sights on central/northern. If I can get a room.

cdskier

Oh boy. Was hoping to get away with S.Vt.

Looks like I better set sights on central/northern. If I can get a room.

If I skied this coming weekend, it would have just been a day trip to the Cats on Monday (Platty or Belleayre). Cats still looks like not so good weather for the weekend so I probably won't ski unless there's a much bigger shift in the forecast.

Still a lot of time for the weekend system to change (in either direction). With it being a holiday, tough to wait to plan though.

Jersey Skier

What do people think about Gore for this Wednesday? Thinking about driving up to Lake George tomorrow and hoping for the best in the morning.