Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    My plan is Snow on Tuesday, stay up near the Bush and hit it Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Where are you seeing that?
    From a local poster on another forum, not from an official snow report. I believe it given pretty much everywhere is apparently a hockey rink, and you had that fatality yesterday at Jay Peak. MRG's report calls it "stiff", etc.. Apparently the woods in Vermont are like a glass pond.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Reading reports that Stowe is in about as terrible & dangerous an icy condition as eyes have ever seen. Sounds like the potential 8" to 12" coming isnt just welcome, but pretty much mandatory.
    Reports from multiple friends of mine who were up at Stowe today with their kids racing in the U16 VT State Super G Championship, is that the hill is firm, but skiing very well where the groomers did their thing. The trees though, are in need of the incoming storm, as the most common phrase I read in the text thread among those in my usual ski group who are up there today was "glacial" and that's from a guy who thinks that a hockey rink, fresh off a pass by a zamboni, is a manageable surface!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

'18 - '19 season
    November: 17.18,23,25 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,15,16,22,23,26,29,20 (Mount Snow) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 5 (Bromley) 6,12,19,20,21,26 (Mount Snow) 13 (Stratton) 27 (Wachusett)
    February: 2 (Bromley) 3 (Jiminy Peak) 9,10,16,17,23,24 (Mount Snow) 18 (Magic)
    March: 1,2 (Sugarbush) 3 (Pico) 9 (Bromley) 10 (Magic) 16,18,23,30,31 (Mount Snow) 17 (Stratton) 24 (Pats Peak)
    April: 6.7 (Mount Snow)

cdskier...if you're heading to finger lakes region, hit Bristol for a day. Both my kids race for Hobart and they say conditions are spectacular...lake effect snow just keeps dumping. It's not a bad area for being in the the middle of God-awful nothin'. I do one or two days there each year with the boys...always a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    cdskier...if you're heading to finger lakes region, hit Bristol for a day. Both my kids race for Hobart and they say conditions are spectacular...lake effect snow just keeps dumping. It's not a bad area for being in the the middle of God-awful nothin'. I do one or two days there each year with the boys...always a good time
    Bristol is a bit out of my way as I'll be around the western side of Cayuga and the eastern side of Seneca with a pretty full day planned on Saturday, then a drive home Sunday from Watkins Glen. I skied Bristol back in college though all the time and always had a good time there. (I went to college in Rochester). When I was creating my itinerary, I did actually toy with the idea of re-visiting Bristol, but it was just a bit too far from the area I'll be in.

here is an interesting forecast- snow during the day but rain at nightFriday

A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Very windy.
    Friday Night
    Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday
    Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    here is an interesting forecast- snow during the day but rain at nightFriday

A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Very windy.
    Friday Night
    Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday
    Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    Forecast for where?

This might be one of those times where I make a Go/No-go decision on Friday after the 12z runs.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Bristol is a bit out of my way as I'll be around the western side of Cayuga and the eastern side of Seneca with a pretty full day planned on Saturday, then a drive home Sunday from Watkins Glen. I skied Bristol back in college though all the time and always had a good time there. (I went to college in Rochester). When I was creating my itinerary, I did actually toy with the idea of re-visiting Bristol, but it was just a bit too far from the area I'll be in.
    huh. Any chance greek peak is enjoying lake effect snow?

Thread Information