Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17 - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Cannon skied well today. Snow showers all day. Upper glades were great in the morning. Vista Way was the best upper mountain run. Front 5 weren't bad, Mittersil skied great as well. Biggest surprise of the day no crowds except in the lodge and just outside the lodge.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Had a great day at Magic. Started out kinda f worried - the west side was really frozen, and not fun. Skied some groomers and were kind of down on the day...then we saw someone boarding red kine under us, Sounded great. Skied that, Gonnif and,,,,I don't know, something left and right of that....and they were crazy good.

Don't really understand it - one trail in either direction and things were frozen solid. But these trails were great. Red line in particular was an absolute blast.

So our first day at magic, we probably skied about 25% of the goods and we were totally stoked.

Was going to ski Okemo on my Epic pass tomorrow, but gonna o bromley instead. Only skiing a half day and this will save some drive time. Plus, same elevation, so might not be frozen.

They didnt close the glades..but put signs saying there is a lot of ice under everything and skiing the woods is not recommended...pretty much lawyer speak..
    I dont go in their alone so i cant say how it is in there..but the wind blew the snow somewhere...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    They didnt close the glades..but put signs saying there is a lot of ice under everything and skiing the woods is not recommended...pretty much lawyer speak..
    I dont go in their alone so i cant say how it is in there..but the wind blew the snow somewhere...
    Looks like most everything is open - how were the trails?

Killington 100% open. Skied laps on North Ridge, many on South Ridge, Fiddle and Thimble > Chunnel and Needles under the power lines. Some Bear mtn woods also. Everything skied well (South Ridge, Bear and Needles area especially) except an early morning run down Northstar which was okay/passable. Lift lines not bad until South Ridge Quad broke which caused huge lines at Bear/Skye Peak Express. Whatever, went over to Needles area which skied awesome and had no lines at all. Gorgeous day after 11 AM. Conditions and weather were fantastic. It should hold for the next 2 days while I'm here. Snow storms Thursday and Sunday??? Let's hope so......
    Last edited by mulva; Yesterday at 8:59 PM.

Trails were as expected with a foot of snow over an ice base..the tops of the steeps were boiler plate but ok once past that. Theres a lot of snow up here and im pretty sure a lot of it went into the trees. The moguls were solid though..on the steeps but the low angle ones were ok. The middle of national was the deepest witj about a foot sitting in there. By 2 it was all getting skied off so i called it.
    Get there by 7 for 730 chair and you have the place mostly to yourself..then the hordes arrive.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

At the Bush..fast and firm bluebird day

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information