Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17

High stakes table this week with lots of action!

Big storm rolling in midweek. The Pros will be ditching work and getting it while they can Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, leaving the rank amateurs to face the eternal NE question-how bad will it rain this weekend?

Some indications that the forecast will improve but will it be enough?

Who's going where? Who's sitting this hand out? Who thinks this holiday will be a total bust? Who thinks it will be a surprise great couple of days?

Ante up and deal the cards!

Me, I'm dragging my feet again....Was supposed to do two days in s. vt. Maybe Magic>Okemo (Trying yet again for a first day at magic! And i have the epic pass and Okemo is not blacked out...)

Haven't booked anything yet. Might need to go further north. But rooms are getting scarce....

My cousin and his family are using my condo in VT this weekend so I'm out for VT. Made plans to head up to the Finger Lakes to visit wineries instead, but do have the option to day trip Monday to the Cats if conditions were right (not looking good at the moment for the Cats though).

For N-VT, I've seen some positive trends for the weekend, but need to see that continue more and see how the models look over the next day or so as they get a better handle on the system. Still a bit early to say what will happen. Lots of room for this to go either way. At least some different outcomes are still in play though.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    My cousin and his family are using my condo in VT this weekend so I'm out for VT. Made plans to head up to the Finger Lakes to visit wineries instead, but do have the option to day trip Monday to the Cats if conditions were right (not looking good at the moment for the Cats though).

For N-VT, I've seen some positive trends for the weekend, but need to see that continue more and see how the models look over the next day or so as they get a better handle on the system. Still a bit early to say what will happen. Lots of room for this to go either way. At least some different outcomes are still in play though.
    Any chance for S.Vt in what you are looking at? or do I need to aim higher?

Latest Euro that just rolled out is much colder. A quick look shows mostly snow Kton north. Too early for specifics, and could easily be wrong, but an encouraging sign after showing a much rainier solution over the past several days.

I'm at Stowe Friday to Monday..maybe a hop up to Jay or down to SB. Have to work Wednesday
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by sankaty View Post
    Latest Euro that just rolled out is much colder. A quick look shows mostly snow Kton north. Too early for specifics, and could easily be wrong, but an encouraging sign after showing a much rainier solution over the past several days.
    Good news.

Bad news for my drive.

Love to see that trend a little more for snow to teh south.

Reading reports that Stowe is in about as terrible & dangerous an icy condition as eyes have ever seen. Sounds like the potential 8" to 12" coming isnt just welcome, but pretty much mandatory.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Reading reports that Stowe is in about as terrible & dangerous an icy condition as eyes have ever seen. Sounds like the potential 8" to 12" coming isnt just welcome, but pretty much mandatory.
    Where are you seeing that? Reports at https://www.stowesnowreport.com don’t seem too bad. Would be good to get an additional source of reports as Stowe no longer have written narrative in their snow report.

Awesome..so I won't die there..nice.
    This would be just awesome: https://www.stowe.com/the-mountain/m...er-report.aspx
    Last edited by kingslug; Feb 11, 2019 at 2:31 PM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information