• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17

BenedictGomez

Bummer. Just saw the black lift might be down for the weekend too.

My luck with Magic is just plain cursed. Every time I plan a day there something goes wrong.

Black lift was going to run? They only run that every other chair, and franlky it's sketchy-as-hell anyway so that wouldnt factor into my decision.

If the models are right they'd see maybe 5 hours of light rain and then the dropping < 32 temps. Is that enough to turn it icy? I have no idea.

tnt1234

Black lift was going to run? They only run that every other chair, and franlky it's sketchy-as-hell anyway so that wouldnt factor into my decision.

If the models are right they'd see maybe 5 hours of light rain and then the dropping < 32 temps. Is that enough to turn it icy? I have no idea.

really hard to say....sometimes that's not the end of the world.

catskillman

The Hunter blogsite states that "Ticket sales people told me that the pre-holiday sales are off the charts so expect some monster crowds."

not that I expected anything different. You won't see me there this weekend......

BenedictGomez

If you're skiing Hunter on PDW Saturday, you're a person whose life choices probably result in crowds being the least of your worries.

JimG.

Staff member
Killington was excellent today. Packed powder everywhere and still plenty of untracked snow too. Naturals and trees were amazing today maybe my best day of the season so far and that's really saying a lot, it's been a banner season.

I was amazed but glad I'm here for tomorrow too.

drjeff

Anyone know if the Mt snow bubble is affected by high south to southwsst wind, sustained at 30 mph predicted.
30 isn't an issue for the bubble. SW is usually OK as well. Usually it's a true S or SE that presents more of a problem.

I hope the Bluebird is running normally tomorrow, or else, while I'm at work, I'll have to listen to multiple texts from my wife and son who are up at Mount Snow now, about how it isn't running tomorrow...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

lerops

I am guessing Sugarbush should be fine this long weekend even if they get a little r*** tomorrow. Would regulars agree? Or non-regulars? [emoji3]

Last edited:

cdskier

I am guessing Sugarbush should be fine this long weekend even if they get a little r*** tomorrow. Would regulars agree? Or non-regulars? [emoji3]

Yes, I would expect they will be relatively fine. I think worst case scenario they see some mixing or maybe r* at the base. Upper elevations could potentially stay all snow. If they're lucky, the snow line extends down closer to the base. No matter what, I don't think there's enough non-frozen precip to make a big impact.

Glenn

It'll be interesting to see how traffic is tonight. It was pretty heavy on 91 north and south last night in the Hartford area and south. Wondering if a number of people left early to head north.

The Sneak

Supposed to ski Berkshire East tmrw, it's going to frzng rain til noon then rain til 10 PM per forecast. How will conditions be tmrw?

tnt1234

Well, this has been a fun thread - I hope everyone's plans work out just perfect!

I'll be at Magic or Okemo tomorrow and Sunday.

Have fun everyone.

BenedictGomez

It's still early, but so far I'm noticing real world temps on the leading edge are a bit warmer than modeled temps, which isn't good if we're hoping for elevation to keep it all snow.

drjeff

Snowing and winds are "nothing out of the ordinary" at Mount Snow per my wife this morning. She says that Plummet and Big Dipper have been her favorites so far....