• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plymouth Notch for sale

Boxtop Willie

Reminds me of the old joke..."How do you make a small fortune in the Ski business? Start with a large one."

rebel1916

I guess I'd be a little salty if I'd spent a small fortune on initiation and dues. Have any of these private clubs ever been successful?

icecoast1

I guess I'd be a little salty if I'd spent a small fortune on initiation and dues. Have any of these private clubs ever been successful?

The Yellowstone club seems to be doing ok now, although it had it's fair share of problems.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I must say...if I could have a house anywhere in ski country off-mountain...that's probably the best place (imo). Okemo 20 minutes to the south, Killington 10 minutes north, Pico 30 minutes north, and Sugarbush 1 hour north. Choice of Ludlow or Woodstock for picking up food/gas near the highway.

rebel1916

The Yellowstone club seems to be doing ok now, although it had it's fair share of problems.

I don't think us plebs can even imagine the wealth out there but point taken. I know they're big in Canada, but they seem a guaranteed failure here in the East Coast.

Last edited:

jaytrem

There's a good number of successful ones out there. Most are low key compared to Yellowstone and Hermitage. Skied a couple in NY last year that are open to the public on weekdays. Holimont and Hunt Hollow, both nice and very welcoming. As memtioned above there's a bunch of them in Canada right near Blue. I think most have at least 1 high speed. Not sure about the exclusivity of those.

mister moose

So at the usual 8x earnings, I can walk in turn the key and generate a meelion dollars at this place? Plus the gas station/general store has been closed for 10+ years, the Salt Ash Inn just lost it's brew pub, and the resident sherriff abuses transients?

Somehow I don't think the phone is ringing at that price.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
So at the usual 8x earnings, I can walk in turn the key and generate a meelion dollars at this place? Plus the gas station/general store has been closed for 10+ years, the Salt Ash Inn just lost it's brew pub, and the resident sherriff abuses transients?

Somehow I don't think the phone is ringing at that price.

I have not seen said sheriff remotely as close as usual this season. It used to be both at 7:30-8:30am and 4:00-5:00pm no matter what day he was in his spot or had someone pulled over 8/10 times. This season, same times I'm headed to/leaving the mountain and he only seems to be there 3/10 times.

Tbh I was kinda worried about his health seeing him less...

benski

There's a good number of successful ones out there. Most are low key compared to Yellowstone and Hermitage. Skied a couple in NY last year that are open to the public on weekdays. Holimont and Hunt Hollow, both nice and very welcoming. As memtioned above there's a bunch of them in Canada right near Blue. I think most have at least 1 high speed. Not sure about the exclusivity of those.

I know am probably going to hunt hollow in two weeks.

skiur

I have not seen said sheriff remotely as close as usual this season. It used to be both at 7:30-8:30am and 4:00-5:00pm no matter what day he was in his spot or had someone pulled over 8/10 times. This season, same times I'm headed to/leaving the mountain and he only seems to be there 3/10 times.

I have been seeing him down the road in Tyson a lot lately.

Killingtime

Maybe The NY Times article exposing the police abuse of tourists up there is starting to hit home. I don’t see him a lot either although the Ludlow trooper is almost always in his usual place.

Blowhard

I bought a place north of Ludlow on Lake Rescue, so I enjoy it all year round. When i bought it, plan was to get an Ikon pass and ski both Okemo & Killington. Then Vail bought Okemo... So Now I have an epic pass, will visit all my CO & UT friends next year to maximize it. if P-notch is closed, can make for good skinning territory, especially with Bear and salt ash behind it. For the right price and maybe with the gas station, one could make a profit on the package.

it's a nice area, the speed traps in that corridor are notorious, but I tell all my guests & kids, drive the speed limit when going through VT towns.. same thing in NY on the way up.

hoping to mind more exciting things off the beaten path, but the real mountains are up between sugarbush & stowe, just was too far of a drive to consider regularly.

x10003q

$7,500,000 is a wildly optimistic ask. I wonder if it includes anything that resembles a groomer, snowmaking guns, pumps and an certified chairlift?

mister moose

I bought a place north of Ludlow on Lake Rescue, so I enjoy it all year round. When i bought it, plan was to get an Ikon pass and ski both Okemo & Killington. Then Vail bought Okemo...
Not to worry, the proximity to Maple Creemees is worth $50k alone.