Killington - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killington

Wait, nobody has mentioned the ultra-hip Motor Room Bar as a place to go? I bet it is hopping!

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Wait, nobody has mentioned the ultra-hip Motor Room Bar as a place to go? I bet it is hopping!
    That is on my "to do" list but is probably already sold out for the season.

Bump.

Beastly: https://www.killington.com/the-mount.../superstar-cam

Is that pile at the top bigger than last year? It looks way higher than the lift. I also think they always short the middle section, too. although it too is about the height of the chairs
    2018-2019

TBD

Have they made piles on Snowdon like this before? That's pretty exciting too.

Based on what I saw last week, it was a snow gun test, but with the goal of providing extra coverage on Lower Chute and the load area of the 6 that melts quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Have they made piles on Snowdon like this before? That's pretty exciting too.
    Those piles by the 6 pack have been made there for the last 3-4 seasons.

Those piles on Superstar are crazy. Never noticed them like that on the webcams. Skiing at Pick today they were clearly visible from the summit.
    2017/2018

Skied K today, and Superstar specifically, they are huge. Don't ski K as often as I used to no longer living in Boston, but did for a solid 8 years consistently in the recent past, and I cannot recall a build on Superstar like this. At the top yes. All the way down, no way. They also loaded Ovation and Nivis Walk. Maybe a new strategy to offer a couple options for late season??? Not sure but they buried them more than normal.

Not to jinx it, but I will be back in April given the snowpack in general. As long as we don't get a string of 60+ days, I think it will stick around for awhile for some potential great april turns. Would be back sooner weather permitting, but heading out west for a week in 8 days.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

They need a big storm bad. Lots of ice underneath the top layer.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information