• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington

HD333

What is the apres scene like at Killington these days? It’s been awhile. I’m not talking pickle barrel or wobbly, but on mountain/base apres?

Headed up with a few families and I’d like to have an idea where to go.

Also what is the best spot for takeout pizza?

As far as skiing can’t wait to get back there it’s been about 5 years, it will be my kid’s first time so I’m really looking forward to chasing them all over the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killingtime

Long Trail Pub at Snowshed usually has a good band playing after skiing. Rutland BeerWorks in Mountain Green condominium main building has become a great happy hour place plus they have a good food selection and the beer is great. There is a game room across the lobby for kids. Outback Pizza is my favorite for take out but Domenics and IPie are good too. My advice - don’t wait till 7:00 or 8:00 to go to a restaurant. The wait time can be in the hours.

skifree

Dominic’s for pizza

My kids like Jax or sushi yoshi

skifree

Dominic’s for pizza

My kids like Jax or sushi yoshi

If you ride hit up dark side snowboard shop. They set up after hours park.

gladerider

i thought hop'n moose in rutland was decent. it is a microbrewery. my kids liked the pizza. my wife and i liked the beers. :)

mister moose

Hop'n Moose is the same outfit as Rutland Beer Works, which has a weekend place in Mountain Green on Mtn. Better than decent beer, but not as good as top shelf brewers. Probably the best pizza/beer combo (In Rutland). If in Rutland, Ramuntos is best pizza, but no beer. On the Access Rd, Outback is the only wood fired, decent beer selection. Domenics is good, but low topping density and good beer on tap. IPie has worst space and atmosphere, but most creative toppings. I like all 3. If you restrict it to takeout, I'd choose between best crust at Outback vs best toppings at IPie.

Grab a Mountain Times for who's playing where.

skiur

There is no good pizza in Killington, but I would say the best in my opinion is Domenics. The game room at Mt Green is a joke, of the maybe 15 games they have there were maybe 3 working when I was there a few weeks ago.....rutland beer works does have some good beer but no booze. Food isnt bad.

danimals

Theres a brewery right across from snowshed near the mountain inn that had some decent beers. Long trail brewery was only about 10 minutes or so away and had a great meal and drinks there.

HD333

Thanks.

Looks like Long Trail Pub at the base and Dominic’s it is for apres and pizza.

I do need to make my annual trip to the actual Long Trail Brewery for some Jordon Wings.....maybe a detour on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wait, nobody has mentioned the ultra-hip Motor Room Bar as a place to go? I bet it is hopping!

medium_7023fc31-ad9d-4927-a8a8-f3d74e29a5bf.jpg

jimmywilson69

Is that pile at the top bigger than last year? It looks way higher than the lift. I also think they always short the middle section, too. although it too is about the height of the chairs

Jully

Have they made piles on Snowdon like this before? That's pretty exciting too.

Newpylong

Based on what I saw last week, it was a snow gun test, but with the goal of providing extra coverage on Lower Chute and the load area of the 6 that melts quickly.

Zermatt

Those piles on Superstar are crazy. Never noticed them like that on the webcams. Skiing at Pick today they were clearly visible from the summit.

Kleetus

Skied K today, and Superstar specifically, they are huge. Don't ski K as often as I used to no longer living in Boston, but did for a solid 8 years consistently in the recent past, and I cannot recall a build on Superstar like this. At the top yes. All the way down, no way. They also loaded Ovation and Nivis Walk. Maybe a new strategy to offer a couple options for late season??? Not sure but they buried them more than normal.

Not to jinx it, but I will be back in April given the snowpack in general. As long as we don't get a string of 60+ days, I think it will stick around for awhile for some potential great april turns. Would be back sooner weather permitting, but heading out west for a week in 8 days.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Handlebars

They need a big storm bad. Lots of ice underneath the top layer.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone