Do you keep track of # of days... - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ive been keeping count since about 2006, which is when skiing became super important to me and more than just a slight hobby

i lament my loss of my original ski tracks app data. my current app has 3 years of complete data, including this year, and one year of incomplete data.

if my phone dies for cold weather, i put a note on the day that it was incomplete tracking

i like to achieve 1,000,000 vertical, which i was able to do for the first time last year (hit on 50th day, skied 53 days, pacing exactly at the 20k per day i need to hit a million in 50 days).

this year i am at 23 days and 456k vertical, putting me 4k behind pace. i have at least 2 days where my phone died, so i have definitely skied over 460k so far. i also had one day at sugarbush with a measly 8k. i needed to play good boyfriend after my girlfriend had a major meltdown on the icy slope.

so i'm just about pacing for my million, but i fear that i won't get my 50 days

i have 7 days next week in BC (30 total), 9 guaranteed days in march including 3 at silverton (39). we are dogsitting one weekend so that will probably be a wash. then i have about 6 guaranteed in april, before my car lease ends on april 28. i dont intend to get a new car until late summer, so any may days will be rental cars, or friends driving, or borrowing from my folks. all seem like a pain in the ass for may.

gf and i just booked a 10 day yosemite-san francisco-maybe big sur trip for june 28-july 7. mammoth just today announced their intention to be open thru july 4. i texted my gf. she was not amused. at all.

gf and i just booked a 10 day yosemite-san francisco-maybe big sur trip for june 28-july 7. mammoth just today announced their intention to be open thru july 4. i texted my gf. she was not amused. at all.
    Tell your gf that on good authority you’re cutting out Big Sur to go to Mammoth!

I’m not kidding. And it’s besides skiing. You’ll enjoy the high country more than the coast. Most people do. Mono Lake, for example, is on the way to Mammoth.

Then, maybe you can do a morning quickie at Mammoth!!!

(I used to live in California. Had gone to Mammoth many times, in the summer! )

she'd kill me. i dictate all time away from work and travel expenditure from november to may, along with 75% of my paid time off. she gets june to october. full decision making. compromise. i'm glad to have a significant other who understands my need to ski 40-50 days a year.

i also dont want to be the weirdo traveling with ski bags domestically in june and july

i work for an australian company. one of my colleagues from aus is here this week for some meetings. he did a week in alta before coming to nyc. respek.

Thread Information